Chapter fifteen: Coffee and cologne

Chapter fifteen: Coffee and cologne (Faith's POV)

"Does it still hurt as bad?" I asked as he limped out of his bathroom. 

"Oh, it's worse today," he scoffed while getting into bed beside me. 

"Just so you know, icing it once won't heal it," I sighed while getting out of his bed and making my way downstairs, grabbing the packet of peas I gave him yesterday. I came back to his room, dangling them in his face before handing them to him. 

While he skimmed through the movies, I noticed he wasn't actually icing the bruise, the peas were just sitting there beside him on the bed. 

"You actually have to ice it, your bed isn't the bruised one," I huffed and rolled my eyes before leaning over and lifting his shirt till the bruise was revealed and placing the ice pack lightly on it until he jolted. 

"That is very freaking cold you know," he placed his hand on the bruise. 

"Really? I had no idea," I gasped dramatically before rolling my eyes once again and placing the ice pack from on top of his shirt. 

"Put it under your shirt after a while," I demanded. "Oh, let's watch The Purge," I suggested while grabbing my water bottle and drinking some. 

"You like scary movies?" he asked a little surprised. 

"No, they scare me too much in the middle of the night when I can't sleep because I feel like someone's watching me." I shrugged while eating popcorn. 

"So why do you wanna watch it?" he chuckled. 

"Oh, cause it's fun," I shrugged again. 

"You're fucking weird, Hughes," he laughed but played the movie anyway. 

We already hit the lights and closed the blinds to make the room as dark as possible. 

x-X-x 

"Oh, Jesus!" I placed my hand on my palpitating heart. We just passed the jumpscare when the hot villain stabbed James Sandins. 

What? I think that villain's hot. 

This one's my favorite purge, to be honest. Twenty-thirteen was a pretty good year in the movie world. That's when Frozen came out. 

"Can you pass me the water?" he asked while we both kept our eyes focused on the screen. I blindly grabbed it and handed it to him but realized that I made a tiny little mistake when he jumped. 

My eyes snapped in his direction and as I thought, I spilled water everywhere. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" I bit back a laugh while grabbing a bunch of tissues and handing them to him. I tried to help clean up and dried off his abdomen area but he stiffened. 

"Did I hit the bruise?" I asked, turning to look at him. 

Focus, Faith. The movie isn't going anywhere, the rewind button still exists. 

"N-no. You hit something else," he stared ahead at the screen. 

"Okay!" I got out of bed and pulled the covers off. "I'm sorry," I held back my laughter. But then I made the mistake of looking up at him and I burst out laughing. "I'm really, really sorry, I should probably go once I help clean up," I sobered up and began throwing the trash away. 

"You don't have to leave," he laughed, "The plan was to watch movies all day, we barely made it through one," he pointed to the TV as the credits rolled. 

"Okay well, we should probably change the sheets," I huffed while throwing my hair up into a bun. 

"You're like a wife," he laughed while standing up and beginning to throw the pillows on the ground.