Chapter four: Your voice

Chapter four: Your voice(Alex's POV)

What the hell was I thinking? What kind of stupid 'offer' is that? "Oh, God help me," I sighed to myself as I got out of my car and entered my house. I threw the keys on the counter. 

"Hang them up!" my dad's voice reached my ears. 

I groaned but grabbed the keys and hung them up on the coat hanger nonetheless. I grabbed myself a bottle of water at the same time my dad came downstairs. 

"How was the game?" he asked. 

"It was good. We won." I turned to him. "How was work?" I asked. 

"It was good, I got a new client today, someone your age I think," he replied. He's a psychiatrist working mainly in the field of anxiety, depression, and addictions and he doesn't realize it but our conversations usually sound like a therapy session. "Anything trouble you today? Can I help?" 

There it is. 

I was about to say no but why not take advantage of the moment and just seize the opportunity? "Actually yes, you can help me." And suddenly he's all ears. "You see, I did something very stupid," I began, chuckling awkwardly. "You know Amber, right?" 

He nodded, "The girlfriend for now, yes." 

I resisted an eye roll and continued, "Well, she cheated on me," I paused to see his reaction and he wasn't bothered in the least. "With someone else's boyfriend." 

His eyebrows shot up, "Continue." 

I sighed, "You know Faith, right?" I asked hesitantly. 

"Monica's daughter?" he questioned and I nodded in response. 

"Well, the boyfriend was hers," I stated. "And I found her crying after the game and I had to help her because she helped me. She got me my stuff for the game because uh- you see, Amber said she couldn't make it. And Faith's boyfriend also couldn't make it. An-and I don't know how or where but she caught them together-" 

He rolled his eyes, "Will you get to the point?" 

I rolled my eyes, "I offered her a very stupid deal and I-I think she took it on impulse and now I don't know what to do," I groaned. 

"What kind of deal did you offer the girl?" He looked at me weirdly. 

"I offered to-" I got caught in my words. "Well, let's just say help her get revenge in not the best way," I sighed, realizing that didn't exactly help my case. "I said I'll help her make him jealous." 

What? That's not a complete lie. 

"And how do you think I can help you with this?" he questioned. 

"You're a therapist, I don't know," I threw my arms up in the air. 

"Good luck with that one," he patted my shoulder before going into his room. I grabbed myself some leftover pasta from today's lunch that my mom made and took it up to my room. I ate, got changed, watched a little bit of Friends, and went to sleep. 

x-X-x

"Alex! Wake up!" My mom's voice pierced my ears. "There's someone on the phone for you!" She said in a sing-song voice. "It's a girl," she whispered. 

"Just tell Amber I don't want to talk," I groaned into my pillow. 

"It's not Amber! I know her squeaky voice, it's someone else. Here." She handed me the phone and ran out. 

"Hello?" I asked on the phone sleepily. 

"Hi," she said. 

"How can I help you, Faith?" I asked.