6.

"Josette?" A gentle voice said, I groaned at the mention of my horrid name but lowered the book I was reading and sat up from the couch. I was surprised when I saw Lily Evans in front of my face.

"Josie, please." I said with a smile. "What's up?"

Lily shifted her weight from one foot to another and shot me a curious look, "Alright Josie. Did you do or say something to Potter?" she said after a moment of hesitation.

My eyebrows shot up, "That's a strange question to ask. Why would you out of all people be asking that?"

"It's just.." She tucked a red strand of hair behind her ear and cleared her throat, as if ready to present a speech. "He's been acting funny all day and I'd like to know what's going on with him!"

An amused smile feasted upon my lips. "Well if you must know, I asked him to stop bothering you..I mean, you want that don't you? A permanent break from James Potter."

"Um, yes. I suppose I do," She replied unsurely. "Well, thanks Josie. I'll see you later."

I watched Lily walk out of the common room with a smile growing on my face. I jumped up and mumbled a spell that allowed me to go to the boy's dormitories and ran up the boys staircase which led to the sixth year dormitories. I knocked on the door rapidly, jumping up and down in excitement. I wasn't usually a giddy person but sometimes you just had to be.

"Who is it?" Peter said from behind the door.

"It's me, open up!" I said excitedly.

There was shuffling at the door before he finally unlocked it and opened it, I pushed the door open and scanned the room for James Potter eventually I found him playing exploding snap with Remus and Sirius. I ran to them excitedly, my wavy hair flying around from the speed I was running at.

"James, you'll never believe it - I don't believe it! Merlin's hat, I can't believe that actually happened!" I said very quickly.

They all looked at each other with puzzled faces.

"Come again?" Remus asked.

I took a breathe and turned to James and said, "Lily was asking me about you. You!" I punched his shoulder at the you.

He looked like he had just invented a spell that would grant his every wish because his face was in permanent shock and happiness, "Are you being serious?" he said in the most delighted voice I had ever heard.

"No, I'm being Josie." I said sarcastically.

I felt a pillow collide with the back of my head.

"Stop trying to be me, darling." Sirius said, clearly amused.

"I can't believe- what did she say! tell me everything and don't miss a single detail." James said, overjoyed.

I laughed and told him word for word about the conversation that happened between Lily and I, I explained to him that she was unsure of the fact that she didn't want him around. Which obviously meant that if he kept this up and showed her how different he could be, then there might be a chance that he could actually end up with her. He was smiling so much you would've thought that his face was stuck that way.

James threw himself onto his bed, "This is probably the best day of my life."

Remus looked at him, "You said the same thing when you won that quidditch game, last year. Remember?"

James sat up and leaned on the bed with his arm, "You're right Moony, this is the best day of my life- so far."

He then turned to me and shot me a grin. "Thank you for existing, you provide me with happiness."

I laughed and pretended to tip my non-existent hat, "It's what I do, Prongs. It's what I do."

Sirius turned to me and said, "So now what? we know that Lily is interested- which is good of course, but what do we do now?"

I sat down on his bed and faced all the marauders, "Now, gentleman. We plan."