36.

"This is what you meant, huh?" James said, facing the door of Sirius's house. This was it. Twelve Grimmauld Place. It was the complete opposite of what I had in mind. Sirius's description of the house was nothing like how it was in real life. He described a living hell but that was not the house was vast, a large white marble building with a shiny black fence surrounding the house. The home basically screamed luxury and money. But, despite how grand the place was, it did not give off that comfortable, cozy and welcoming feeling you would get at James's house or even mine. It lacked warmth and it made me really sad to imagine how he could have lived here.

Basically the Black family held an annual party during the holidays. Everyone who was someone, was invited. So we were all dressed in our most extravagant clothes. We never dressed up like this but according to Remus, the only way to get in was to look like you belonged. It was actually amusing, the fact that were all dressed so nice to actually sneak someone out of here.

Personally, I was just excited over the fact that I looked like a glamorous film star. I was wearing a long, emerald green silk dress accompanied with nude high-heeled shoes and my hair was curly! I never had curly hair! But it was not about how I looked, it was how I felt. Even though, I wasn't here to party - I felt luxurious and I loved that. Even if it was only for a little bit, it felt nice.

"Now, this is what's going to happen. All of us are going to walk in there and act like snobs. Don't talk to anyone, stick your nose up in the air and act like you're supposed to be there. Then we find Sirius and then leave, got it?" Remus said, glancing at all of us.

I grinned and bounced happily, "This is so exciting! I feel like I'm in a spy film! Am I the only one who's having a good time here?"

Peter gave me a bleak look, "Yes! This suit is scratchy." He whined and tugged on the shirt he was wearing.

James rolled his eyes at Peter, "Who cares! Let's just get in and get out, as quick as we can." he said and then flashed me a grin, "I am kind of excited actually."

Remus laughed, "Let's go, you guys." he said and pushed us towards the door, the gate opened automatically and I gulped when I noticed a man standing outside with a list. Probably an invitation list.

But, I had to do what Remus said. Act snobbish. I stuck my nose out in the air and pushed passed the guys as if I didn't know them, I sashayed over to the man standing there with confidence, I moved to open the door but he stopped me.

"Excuse me, miss you can't go in there without an invitation." He said, putting his hand across the door to stop me from entering.

I guffawed at him, "Excuse you? Do you not know who you are talking to? Did you just try to stop me from getting into my own party? Do you want me to call my father right now? Because I can have you fired." I said, flipping my hair as I glared sharply at him.

He looked taken aback but still didn't let me cross, "I'm sorry, miss but I can't let you enter without a name." As he tilted towards me I could faintly see a scribble of the name 'Adderson'.

"Adderson, now will you let me pass or do I have to call security?" I said, crossing my arms at him. I felt really bad for snapping at him but he was collateral damage.

He looked at the paper and then nodded, removing his hand and giving me a slight nod. "Sorry ma'am, you can pass and please forgive me I did not intend to offend you." He said sincerely.