29.

I gripped my bag to keep it from sliding off my shoulders, I could faintly see the boys from where I was standing. They were sitting under the tree near the lake and talking. I had no idea how I was going to explain everything that I had figured out today and I had no idea what they're reactions would be like. I decided not to break the news to them right away - or was that too suspicious? Could I even be suspicious? I shook my head and batted the thoughts in my head away as I approached the boys. I nodded in greeting and they all nodded back, but then freturned to focusing on James who was in the middle of a story.

"Then, she looked over at me and smiled. Yeah, that's right she smiled." James, said running a hand through his hair looking dazed. I assumed he was talking about Lily Evans, who surprisingly - I hadn't seen in a while. Or Mary or Marlene.

Remus raised his eyebrows, but didn't look convinced. "Oh, is that right, James?" he said a small smirk on his face.

Sirius rolled his eyes and prodded James with his elbow, "Stop lying to them Prongs, she wasn't smiling at you - she was smiling at Dorcas, who happened to be standing right next to you." he said, in a know-it-all voice.

Remus chuckled, "Now that makes more sense, thank you Sirius." He said, pointing at him with his pen.

"Yeah, well I had the pleasure of seeing her smile - it was like looking at the moon, I tell you. She looked stunning - all beautiful and glow-y. I'm going to marry her one day, I know it." He said, leaning back into the tree looking happy.

Sirius glanced at me as if saying 'what the hell' with his eyes, I laughed. "Mate, that wasn't glow- that was sweat. It was hot outside." Sirius said, making all of us snicker.

James pulled out strands of the grass and threw it at Sirius, "Oi could you shut up and stop ruining my life for a minute?" He said, looking like an annoyed five year old if you ask me.

Peter threw a Bertie's Bot every flavour bean in his mouth and then spat it out in disgust a second later, making us all laugh. "Egh- I got vomit." He said, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

Sirius laughed and clamped Peter in his back, making him stumble forward. "Wormtail, I can honestly and truthfully say that you are an absolute laugh." he said, grinning.

James's eyes turned to me and flashed curiously, "You know who's not being an absolute laugh, today?" He said, turning to me and raising a brow, suspiciously. Damn, he noticed. "Whats wrong with you?" He said, flicking pieces of grass at me.

I wasn't going to tell them today, especially not when everyone was in such a good mood. I wasn't planning on being that person who always bothers everyone with their problems. There was a time and place for serious conversations and this was definitely not it.

I shrugged, "Nothing is wrong with me, I'm super good. Super great." I said, glancing at Remus. "What are you writing there, Lupin?" I asked hoping that would direct their attention from me.

James glanced at Remus, "Yeah, what you got there Moony?"

Sirius leaned over to try and read what he was writing but Remus quickly hid the notebook and shoved him away, making us all a lot more curious than we were before. James locked gazes with Sirius who nodded and proceeded to distract Remus, James then whispered something to Peter who nodded and tried to act nonchalant before he swiped Remus's notebook from under him. I raised my eyebrows at them, slightly impressed by the group effort they were putting in. If only they put this much effort in things that actually matter.