38.

Sirius turned to me, "So where is everyone? You said James was with you?" he said, looking around the street. We were now in the street, wandering around trying to find our idiots, or friends as normal people called them. We thought that they would be outside Grimmauld Place but boy were we wrong, they were nowhere to be seen.

I shrugged, "I don't know, they were supposed to get in but I don't think the guard guy let them in. They're not very convincing." I laughed. Poor blokes.

Sirius was was holding his jacket over his shoulder and his shirt was messily unbuttoned, tie no where to be found which gave him a very James Dean, debonair look about him.

"So, how do you manage to get in? No, better question - how did you walk in there and leave as a single woman? You do know what the purpose of that event was, right?" he asked, amusement twinkling in his eyes.

I nodded, clicking my finger at him. "Yes! Yes I do! I didn't at first but then I did when a lady asked me to marry her son. Also, did you know that the people at that place are incredibly rude? Especially the older women. Which is weird. Also, the prime minister hit on me. Oh and I met Andromeda and I met your brother." I said, laughing.

He stopped and faced me completely, "You met my brother?" He said, confusion on his face.

I scoffed, "Was that the only thing you got from that? How about the fact that a forty year old thought it was okay to hit on me? Or the fact that I met your cousin Andromeda, who is great by the way."

He shook his head, "What did he say to you?" I shrugged at him. "No, Josie, I'm not kidding. What did he say to you?" His voice was filled with concern with freaked me out a bit.

"Nothing! He was just, oh yeah. He flirted with me. Then he told me how he never got to speak to me because of you - Oh." I said realising what he meant.

Sirius turned around, pinching the bridge of his nose. "That's what I thought. He did that to the guys too. Regulus tries to make anyone who's my friend turn against me. Also, you let him flirt with you?!" He asked, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course I didn't let him flirt with me. Besides, we barely spoke." I said coolly. "I was looking for you the whole time. You're not very easy to find, are you?"

He laughed, "Hiding is my expertise when it comes to that place." he gazed at me, "You know, I'm a bit surprised that I didn't see you tonight, I mean you did stand out."

I nodded, agreeing with him. "Yeah, I know. I really should have worn that purple dress, but it was last minute okay! Besides, Remus said it looked nice.' I said, looking down at my green dress.

Sirius chuckled, "I didn't mean as in you looked out of place, I meant that you looked beautiful." he said,

I raised my eyebrow at him, suddenly lost for words. "Ah-huh, me too." I said stupidly. "I mean you too. You looked nice too." I said and in that moment my fingernails had become very interesting.

He laughed at my expression, "It does look nice, but it's awfully uncomfortable and itchy." he said, tugging the collar of his shirt which was already unbuttoned.

Before I could respond a loud yell was heard from the other direction, "SIRIUS ORION BLACK!" James voice rang out and I could see his figure along with Peter and Remus racing towards us. Sirius and I turned to each other and snickered as we watched them rush to us. Sirius opened his arms and James raced towards him and tackled him in a hug.