14.

I pulled my hair into a loose ponytail as I walked to the greenhouses for Herbology, I was quietly murmuring a song that I had heard a couple of days ago when I heard a loud, screechy voice shouting at somebody. Feeling that it was my moral duty to go help, I followed that noise and wasn't surprised when I found a girl yelling at Sirius Black.

The girl was Cassandra Venus, a tiny girl with shiny sleek black hair and very, very pale skin. "You're the worst Sirius Orion Black!" she said and threw a book at him. He ducked just in time so that he wouldn't get hit. I was quite surprised and amused about at how a girl who was probably five foot two or shorter was full-on yelling at Sirius Black.

"Crystal calm down-" Sirius said trying to calm her down but was cut off by another screech.

"My name is Cassandra you vile, two-timing prick!"

I sniggered making them both turn to look at me. Relief flashed in Sirius's grey eyes as he saw me approaching them, he scratched the back of his neck and darted his eyes between Cassandra and I as if saying 'get me out of here'. I shot him a quick smile as if to say 'I got this' even thought I had no idea what I was doing. But you know what they say, when in doubt, improvise.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's going on here?" I said, looking between them.

"Finally someone with a brain is here!" Cassandra huffed angrily and then pointed at Sirius, "This lunatic and I go out on a date and he tells me a bunch of lies about how beautiful and smart I am and then you know what he does? He goes out with my sister! A week later!"

"You did what?!" I say, clamping a hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter, luckily for me it looked like I was staring in disbelief.

Sirius bites his lip, "I didn't know you were related!"

Cassandra glares at him, "We're twins you prick!" She then throws another book at him which hits him on his shoulder and then just pauses and turns away. "You know what hurts the most Sirius Black? Every time a girl dates you she thinks that maybe she'll be the one that's different. The one that'll tame the beast but like every other girl, I just got hurt instead!" She said and then left.

I felt really bad for her and all the other girls who were constantly trying to get his attention and what really annoyed me the most was how blasé Sirius was acting about all of this. Just because he was so used to this happening didn't mean that it was okay.

"You're a right git, you know that?" I said abruptly as I watched him pick up his books.

"What did I do now?" He groaned.

"You can't treat girls like that, they're not tissues that you can use once and then throw away. Girls have this thing that you might not be familiar with, it's called feelings!"

"Come on, Josie. They should know that I'm not a long-term kind of guy." He said and tried to walk away from me.

I moved to stand in front of him so that he would pay attention to me once his grey eyes met my dark brown ones I began, "They do know that but the thing is you make them feel special and then they forget about that and they think that they may be the one that, as she said 'tames the beast'. I don't think you realize the impact you have on these girls."

He sighed as if he had heard it all before, "Alright Josie, I get it. But what am I supposed to do? Stop being handsome?"

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness, "No, I think you should just make it obvious to everyone that you're not looking for anything serious. Or maybe you should just find one girl and stick to her, for once in your life!"

"Find one girl? Do I look like James? Besides, none of these girls are actually interesting and if they are they dumb themselves down when I'm around." Sirius said and he started to walk towards class with me.

"Come on, Padfoot! They're must be one girl who you actually like or find interesting."

He shook his head, "Interesting? Yes, there are plenty of interesting girls but girls I like? No."

"Are there any girls you like at all? Even platonically?" I asked, sort of giving up on hope that I would ever help Sirius find love.

He stroked his chin and pretended to think about it, "Well, I like you, platonically of course. I like my cousin Andie and I like my owl Azul. There you go, three girls I like." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "So there is no hope." I said as we reached the Herbology class. He shook his head, eyes twinkling in amusement as he went to sit with Penelope his herbology partner and I went to sit with James who had his head on the table.

"Whats wrong with you?" I ask as I sit down.

"I'm lonely, Josie! Lonely I say." He said and sat up, turning to me.

I gave him a small smile, "Lily again?"

He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose "Do you think I should give up on her?" He asked unsurely.

I stopped. I didn't know what to say so that he wouldn't get hurt. "I think you should try."

"What do you mean I should try? I did what you told me- I left her alone but now she doesn't care about me anymore - like I predicted by the way! What do I do now?"

"Hmm," I pondered, moving my head from one side to another as if trying to catch a good idea. "James, maybe you should try to well - talk to other girls. I mean there are loads of girls who are dying to go out with you, who knows you might meet someone better?"

"Someone better than Lily? No way!" He said quite loudly, making the entire class turn to look at us - including Lily who was turning red from embarrassment.

I tried to suppress my snickers but I couldn't which eventually lead to me bursting out in laughter which in turn made James laugh which in turn caught Sirius's attention and made him laugh at our silliness and that my friends is the story of how we got detention and fifteen points taken away from Gryffindor. Each.

"It's like having fun isn't allowed in our school!" Said Sirius angrily as he mopped the floor

I rolled my eyes and continued dusting the cabinets, "Tell me about it." I muttered.