7.

"What lies before me is one of the most powerful potions to ever exist," Slughorn said, eyeing us all. "Does anyone know what this potion is?" He pointed at a pot.

A couple of students raised their hands, I took this as a chance to lay my head on the desk and perhaps fall into a short slumber.

"Miss. Longbottom! perhaps you know what it is!" Slughorn's voice said, forcing me to awake.

Kill me now.

Next to me, Remus was laughing at my defeat, I took this as the perfect opportunity to elbow him in the stomach. Groaning internally, I got up and approached Slughorn where three different sized pots sat. I peered at the one he was pointing at and took a whiff what I got in return assured me that it was Amortentia.

I looked at Slughron, "It's Amortentia, a potion that causes infatuation or obsession. Apparently, it smells differently to each person depending on what they are attracted to. To me it smells like vanilla, fresh sheets and petrichor. But to someone else it could very well be the smell of charcoal or..decomposition." I said with a sardonic smile.

Slughorn coughed and shot me a forced smile, "Thank you Miss. Longbottom, take a seat." he then took a pregnant pause. "Yes, it is Amortentia. A very powerful and very dangerous love potion, although it has the word love in it it doesn't create actual love- only obsession and temporary infatuation. Now, turn your books to page thirty two."

"Sir, are we going to be brewing it?" May Brekle asked rather excitedly.

Slughorn shook his head, chuckling, "Oh no, I don't know what will happen if I allowed that. We'll be making the draught of the living dead! Hurry now, page thirty-two."

"Oh," May said as she lowered her hand, a sad look on her face.

I looked at the instructions for The Draught Of The Living Death. Wormwood..powdered root of asphodel...sloth brain..I could already tell that this wasn't going to be an easy potion to make.

"Petrichor attracts you? Really?" Remus said out of the blue, causing me to jump a little in my seat.

"Why do you just randomly talk out of the blue! Also, there is nothing wrong with petrichor. It's calming." I say as we both walk up to the supplies cabinet and grab the ingredients we need.

"Sorry but how is the smell of earth after rain supposed to smell attractive?" He asked in an incredulous tone.

As we got back to the table and I lowered the supplies on the table, I turned to him and said. "Okay, then Mr. I'm So Great why don't you go and see what you're attracted to. Go on."

"Alright then," He said as he approached the potion. Luckily for him Slughorn was busy attending to a student, not that he would get in trouble of course - for some reason Slughorn liked him. A lot. Probably because he actually did his work on time.

I put the wormwood inside the potion and the powdered root of asphodel when Remus came back, looking a bit dazed. I cocked a eyebrow and gave him a stare that asked 'what's wrong?'.

He shrugged, "It smelt weird. Like..cinammon, burning wood and old books."

"That sounds kind of cool, actually." I smiled.