42.

"You know what, why don't you all just kill me. Finish me off, right here and now. At least I won't have clumps of my hair falling out and permanent bags under my eyes." I said, flapping my books around in the air.

Remus looked up from the book, "Well maybe if you payed attention in class things like this wouldn't happen." He said, a smug grin on his face. If he wasn't my best friend I would have thrown him out of the window.

"I feel like I'm going to bloody explode." James said, running a hand through his hair as he scribbled something down.

Sirius scoffed, "You're telling me - I'm so exhausted, the other day I woke up with books next to me. I had so much to do I actually fell asleep while working. Who does that? I used to wake up next to girls and now I wake up next to potion book volume six." Sirius said, sighing. He then turned to me and realised what he had just said, which gave me a wicked idea.

James turned to Sirius,"You shouldn't have said that, mate." he muttered.

I raised my eyebrows at him, "Oh, so you miss waking up next to girls don't you?" I said feigning anger. I wasn't actually upset at him, I just loved seeing Sirius look panicked, it was genuinely amusing.

Sirius's eyes widened, 'Oh shite, sorry - I didn't mean it like that. I don't actually miss those girls," He said, awkwardly. "I forgot we were dating for a second."

"Oh really? Then why'd you say it, Paddycakes? D'you miss snogging Jenny Andrews in the broom closet or maybe Hellen Merrywether, what did you say about her? Quiet in the streets, wild in the sheets?" I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

Sirius's eyes darted between me and the boys who avoided his gaze, it was as if he was saying 'help me' with his eyes. Sirius turned to me, a look of pure terror on his face. I couldn't help it, I broke out into a fit of giggles. His face was too amusing, I couldn't resist laughing.

"I don't know what's happening right now." Sirius said, not sure whether to laugh with me or not.

"You think I actually bloody care about your past relationships, if I could call them that." I said, laughing. "Of course not."

Sirius looked so confused. "You don't? Is this a joke?" He asked, bemused.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course not, you bloody idiot. It's not about what you did, it's about what you do now. Remember that." I said, with a small nod. Sirius seemed to absorb my words like a sponge and his eyes flickered away from me and to the book in his hands, a pensive look on his face.

"Right, that's enough of that. We need to get back to studying. We haven't even began the goblin revolution," Remus said, a frustrated look on his face. Poor kid had been helping us all day.

We were sitting in the library having a group study session which basically consisted of Remus explaining everything we had missed over the past couple of months, which was almost everything. Our idea of studying was mainly trying to cram as much information into our brains over a short period of time, which never seemed to end well.

It was finals week, or as I liked to call it, The week of hell. It had only been a week since we had returned from the christmas break and here we were getting tested. That meant that we had to spend all our days and nights studying, revising and taking more notes than usual, which also meant that it was the end of our social life, or any life at all.

James rolled his eyes at me, "Josie, quit the dramatics. You do this every year, you complain and nag and then end up getting one of the highest scores. We're the ones who should be complaining!" he said, ushering to Peter and Sirius who were staring blankly at their books looking like they had no idea what was going on, which was probably true.