Ocean Make My Day

Momina Abdul Majeed.

I was awestruck to see such a beautiful sight before me. The ocean, the sand, the blue sky made it look a scene. Subhan Allah( Allah is perfect ). The scorching heat was killing me, but looking at the water made everything vanish. I was ready to jump in the water, but I heard my name and turned back to see all the things that needed to be set up first. I quickly helped everyone set up everything because no one could stop me from jumping in the water after that.

"Too excited as always, huh?" Asked a voice and it could be none other than Humdaan himself. I didn't bother turning around because I was spellbound by the water and didn't want to break it. He must have seen me go around in a haste, hence the question.

"Well if you know me you know it," I replied, arching a brow at him.

"So.. did you get a bikini for the swim?" My cheeks turned slightly red at his bluntness, but I was used to all his teases.

"Bikini? Isn't that a bit early for you?"

"Well if you know me you know it," He said mimicking me.

"Do I even know you?" I deadpanned.

"You don't?" He asked, dangerously closing the space between us, while slightly tilted his head to look back at our families. Then he took my hand in his and gave it a quick peck, not letting go of it.

"Did that ring a bell?" He croaked.

"I wish I could say yes, but uh-huh it didn't," I said batting my eyelashes at his actions.

"Wait until the swim. I promise you won't forget anything."

"We'll see about that." With this said I got my hand out of his and kissed the spot where just gave me a peck, not breaking the eye contact. He ran a hand through his hair with a darn!-you-woman look before I turned and walked away.

Soon everything was set up. It wasn't that hot anymore as it was Asr ( afternoon prayer ) time. We offered Salah and after that everyone was in the water. All of us splashing water on each other, targeting one person at a time. Time passed within a blink of an eye, and all parents left in order to get the food ready, once all the kids decide to come out. But, we were not stepping out of the water any soon now.

We made two teams, Saima and I in one and Humdaan and my brother in the other team. We had sand buckets with us that helped us splash water on each other, each one of us, ready to attack. But it was mainly between me and Humdaan, while the other two were busy doing Allah knows what. He came closer to me, ready with his bucket filled with the salty beach water. I took a million steps backward but my Mr. knew I couldn't swim and who wouldn't take advantage of that. He went underwater and as it had got all dark, which made it difficult for me to locate him.

Within seconds, he pulled me back onto him, holding me by my waist and downed the bucket of cold water on my head. I shut my eyes so that the water won't burn them. After coming back to my senses, I turned around just to see him laughing hysterically, and before he knew it, I pushed him with all my strength, making him fall back into the water. I had no clue when he pulled me by my hand making me fall with him. Our bodies smashed into each other while the water splashed around us. He locked me in with his arms, and not letting me go.

"What are you doing? Let me go. They'll see us." I whispered in his ears.

"Uh-huh, not so soon. Not before I get what I want." He resisted like always.

"What do you want? Say it and let me go quickly."

"A kiss is all I ask." I smacked him with my hand, but he didn't flinch a bit.

"Not now, please." I placed the palm of my hands on his chest and tried to get up, but all my efforts went in vain.

"It's now or never. It's just a kiss I am asking you for, no big deal."

"You are not getting anything from me. JUST. LET. ME.GO." This just led to a more tightened grip around my waist.

"Either you give me a kiss, or I scream something out." God save me from his challenges!

"I can't believe you." With that, I grabbed his face and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"That's all? You call that a kiss, really?"

"Humdaan Sheikh!! I gave you what you asked for, A KISS. Now let me go." His gaze locked with mine and he knew I have had it.

He let me go after a few more seconds but not before whispering, "I'm not done yet." He said with a smirk and I knew he was not done yet. Nonetheless, I threw him a glare and got out of the water, not that I didn't enjoy it. I was starving and the smell of BBQ had my taste buds tantalized.

XOXO

M.