Does He Know?

Momina Abdul Majeed

It's been a few days since Murad's accident had happened. Thankfully, things were slowly going back to the way they were, normal. I wasn't pondering too much about Humdaan anymore. He did not do anything hurtful, yet. But someone else sure did.

It was a Tuesday evening and I was in our room, lazily browsing through the internet when I heard the front door unlocked and shut behind Murad, obviously. I waited for the usual yell 'Momina, I am home.' But only silence came my way. So, I yelled "Assalamalaikum." instead.

There was no response but minutes later he came into the room, speaking to someone on his phone. Oh! That's why he didn't say anything till now. I mentally smacked my head. I am so dumb, Ya Allah! He ended the call with a sigh and a frown on his forehead. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just the new employee. West put me on his training now. And It's tiring." He said crashing on the bed.

"So, that means no business trips, for a while now." I said, nodding my head.

"That's the only thing you took away??" He asked furrowing his brows. I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off when Murad continued. "And why are you so upset about me staying home?" Uh... Where was he going with this?

"Murad, I didn't---"

"You didn't mean it that way, right!" He practically screamed at me. "What do you do at home when I am out?"

"What kind of question is that? What is wrong with you?"

His hands curled into fists and he was ready to punch anything.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? How can a wife be so happy when her husband is hours away, working?" He asked yelling at me in the face.

"I am never happy when you are away." I said honestly looking at him in the eye, which seemed to have softened. In a swift move he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him, capturing my lips in his. I could feel myself smile into the kiss the very instant.

He continues kissing my jaw and stopped at my neck sucking it, lightly. My hands took a fistful of his hair, making him groan and suck even harder. I shut my eyes as a soft moan escaped my lips, wanting more. But nothing happened. It was like he just wanted to hear me moan his name and that's it. He abruptly stood up, grabbed his phone from the side table saying, "I am going to be late. Don't wait for me at dinner."

He bent down pecking my forehead and left. Leaving me in a state I can't explain. I sighed for that's the only thing I could do and slumped down in my bed.

It was just as he told. He came back home at 11 pm but what hit me was his foul mood. Correction, his anger. He unlocked the door and slammed it shut with a loud thud making my heart race. I stood up from the couch turning to face him and the vibes telling me that it's going to be a long night.

"What was he doing here?" He roared, his voice booming in the apartment.

"W-Who?" I stammered, furrowing my brows in confusion.

"Don't play innocent with me now woman! What was Humdaan doing here at this time of the night?" He snarled and I could see his vein pop in his neck. The sigh when he is seconds away from bursting with rage.

"I don't know what you are talking about, Murad--" Before I could finish he slammed me into the wall, holding me by my shoulders.

"Stop lying!" He said roughly jerking me by the shoulders.

"I am not lying. I swear he didn't come here."

"Oh yeah! Then why did I see him leave the building a few minutes ago?"