First Whip

Momina Abdul Majeed

It's been a week since the episode with Humdaan took place and nothing happened.....yet. Thankfully, Murad returned home 3 days ago not to mention with a foul mood. At first, I was scared to death that, Humdaan might've told him and now Murad is going to burst or kick me out or something. But I was just being paranoid, as usual. The reason for his mood was the lack of sleep and nothing else. Upon seeing that nothing but relief washed over me. So, here we were, taking a stroll on the beach. We offered our Asr Salah in the local mosque.

But, something in me is still skeptical about what Humdaan is up to if, he didn't surprise Murad with the news. He wouldn't just let go of something just like that. I am sure he is planning something big. My mind wandered about anything and everything he could do to destroy us.

"How is work going Murad?" I asked trying to sound casual.

"Not good. West was really upset since I lost the deal and I don't know what he is going to do. He has canceled my promotion and things are not pretty anymore." He sighed. Maybe this is what Humdaan wants. Maybe he has a play in this and plans to fire Murad from work, not to forget they are colleagues now. My chain of thoughts was broken when Murad practically shook me by the arms.

"What is wrong with you? I was playing, Momina. Why'd you take that so seriously?" Murad looked at me giving me a weird look.

"Why would say something like that so seriously? You think it's a joke, Murad?" I cried out. You never know when Murad is playing and when he is serious.

"Alright. I am sorry. Nothing is wrong. All is fine, Alhamdulillah." He said laying down and resting his head on my lap again. I began twiddling with his soft black hair, diving back in the pool of thoughts. If it's not his job then what is it? It's not my job as well, then. What could it be? Ugh, Humdaan! What do I do with you?

Murad Iqbal

Ever since I came back, Momina's been behaving weirdly. It's like something is bothering her. She is sulking. And to lighten her mood, I took her to the beach but she seems to be the same. I don't know what to do. Maybe I will just give her space for her to figure things out.

On the way back from work, I decided to buy her something so I stopped by an Outlet store. I was in her favorite shop, rummaging through the rows of clothing trying to find something ideal for my love. As I approached the counter I could feel eyes on me the whole time. I turned around to find no one suspicious. I shrugged it off thinking I was just being silly. I made my way out of the store and passed by an eerie corner when I heard an ear-piercing cry for help.

Following the source of the sound, I entered the dimly lit corner only to see a woman surrounded by 3 goons, 2 holding her in place, and the third doing his job on her body. Her cries subsided upon seeing me while my blood boiled on the sight before me. I dropped the gift bag on the ground and glided towards them. Their faces weren't covered but the lack of light made it hard for me to see their faces.

One of them walking up to me and said "What the fuck do you want? Leave us alone and head back to where the fuck you came from." I stood my ground glaring at him, waiting for him to do something exciting. "You fucking deaf? I said leave." He said, louder than before. A few seconds later he raised his arms throwing a punch across my jaw. I stumbled backward holding my jaw in pain.

He pulled back his hand for another punch, but I managed to hold his hand in mid-air and punched him on his jaw. Now it was his turn to yelp in pain. Not wasting a second, I threw punch after punch till he fell on the ground. One of the men holding the lady in place comes to the rescue of their mate. He shoved me back, making me land on the ground. In a split second, he towered over me and punching me twice before I manage to kick him in the groin.