A Thing Named Love

Murad Iqbal

"Momina!! I am coming in now." I yelled banging on the door.

"2 minutes, please." Came her calm reply. I groaned in pain as I couldn't hold my pee anymore. This woman is taking way too long in the washroom. What is she doing?

"Momina, I'm counting till three and if you are not out, then no one can stop me from coming in." I warned her.

"1......2.......Momina please, I have to pee. I can't hold it anymore." I pleaded, instead of counting a three. Then, finally the door opened, revealing Momina in a towel and a cheeky smile on her face. She walked passed me towards the closet. I, who was supposed to pee, was now staring at my wife with pure lust. She turned, seeing me stand in the same position, smirking and walked to me.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing something else other than your usual stare?" She said throwing her arms around my shoulders.

"I wish I could do all those things I want to you. But, lucky you. I am a busy man." I said grabbing her waist and pulling her towards me, ignoring the nature's call.

"Have you not done enough, already? Is there any thing else on your list?" She asked me politely tilting her head slightly.

"You have no clue." I leaned in and whispered in her ear, to which she giggled in response.

"Now go pee! Don't forget, you have an early meeting today." She said, pushing me in the washroom and turning away to change. I shut the door behind me and turned on the shower, letting the hot water work it's way on my sore shoulders. After I was done, I decided to trim my beard a bit, cleaning the excess. Then, I went through my closet to pick today's outfit. I chose a light blue shirt, pairing it with khaki coloured pants.

"Murad, you are getting late. Do you want me to pack your breakfast for you?" Yelled Momina. I turned to look at the clock and indeed I was getting late.

"Yeah, thank you."

"Do you want coffee as well?"

"Yes!" I yelled back. I put on my clothes and stood in front of the mirror, brushing my hair. I grabbed my wrist watch and sprayed some cologne and was ready to go. I went to the kitchen, taking what ever Momina has packed for me.

"Ready?" Momina asked me.

"Yea." I said, but Momina always had to perform the final checks on my look. She stood before me, adjusting my tie and collar, approving my look. In the beginning, I found this a really old school thing, but now it was like a habit for me to wait for her before leaving for work. Most of the time she would fix my, already in place tie, like today. Other days she would peck my nose, instead.

After she was done, I kissed her forehead saying 'Allah hafiz' and left for work.

Momina Abdul Majeed

I crashed on the couch, all exhausted, thanks to the amount of work I had to do today. I checked the time on my phone and I had an hour before Murad comes home. I switched on my laptop and browsed through my Instagram. Its been days since I last checked my account, hence I had quite a few notifications.

 I had a new friend request, too. Let's see who the creep is this time. I scrolled to see, none other than Humdaan's name appear on the screen. What surprised me the most was that it came in a few hours ago. Although that horrifying incident took place almost a week back, and we have not heard from him since then. But nevertheless, here his name sits on top of my follow requests. The second was Aliya's which came in few days after we met. I ignored both of their and headed over to Netflix.