Kiss For Kiss, Heart For Heart

Murad Iqbal

It's been a week since Ammi left us alone. I unlocked the door of our apartment, taking in the duffel bag and a quiet Momina behind me. She hardly spoke now a days and was quieter than ever.

"I'm going to take a shower." She told and walked into the wash room. I nodded, seeing her walk away and sighed. I fished my pocket to get my phone and dialed Mehnaz's number.

"Assalamoaliaukm." Came her voice.

"Walaikumassalam Mehnaz, Uhh..Murad here."

"Oh, yes brother Murad. How are you? How is Momina?" From the looks of it, I don't think Mehnaz was aware of Ammi's demise, because she sounds cheerful, like always.

"I am fine but Momina is not."  I paused before continuing. "I think she didn't tell you about her grandma's demise."

"What? When did that happen? She didn't tell me anything. How is she now?" And I was right. She had no idea, because Momina didn't speak to anyone. Even mom and dad were quiet. I made her stay at her parents, thinking she might feel better but, nothing helped.

"She is not in a good situation. Things are hard for her. I tried my best but nothing seems to help her. I thought you could and that's why I called you. Can you come over soon?" I asked with the hope of seeing Momina get back to normal, taking a seat on the couch.

"Of course, I can brother Murad. Anything for Momina. Text me your address. Inshallah I will be there soon."

"Ok, great. Thank you so much."  I thanked her with a smile on my face.

"No problem." I was relieved to hear that from her. Finally I could do something to help my wife. I texted her the address and heard Momina come out of the shower, her eyes red and her face pale. She's been crying again!

"You need anything?" She asked me.

"Yes." I nodded "I want you here." I said patting beside me and motioned for her to sit here. She came to me at once and slumped down on the couch. I turned to face herher and made her to look at me and caressed her cheek.

"You okay?" She nodded her head slowly, but then shook it saying a 'No' and burst into tears. She crashed in my chest sobbing, while I held her, trying to calm her down. My phone vibrated in my pocket, indicating a text has arrived. It must be Mehnaz. I reached for my phone not letting Momina see and read the text which said "I'm here. What floor is you apartment at?"

"Momina..." She looked at me, waiting for me to speak. "Love, I have an important thing to do. Rayan is waiting for me down, I have to go."

"What are you going for?"

"I don't know. Rayan's been eating my head since an hour, saying he has something important to tell me, but won't say it on the phone." She nodded and got up to get some water.

"It won't take me long, I'll be home soon." I walked towards her and kissed her forehead, before leaving.

I got down to see Mehnaz, who was waiting in the lounge. I approached her saying Salam.

"Momina is waiting for you. I didn't tell her I called you, or you are coming. All I told her is that I have some thing important to do." Mehnaz nodded her head understanding the situation. I eyed the paper bag she was holding.

"Oh, some brownies and muffins to make her feel better." She stated. I smiled, proud of myself for thinking about Mehnaz at the right time.

"Thank you." I said before turning to leave.

***

I returned home about 2 hours later, after driving like an idiot around the city. 2 hours should be good for Mehnaz to revive Momina, isn't it?

I rang the bell and Momina opened the door, smiling at me after what felt like years. I knew Mehnaz has done her part and was thankful to her.

"Mehnaz is here." She informed me after I entered the house.

"Really?" I asked pretending I didn't know.

"Yea, she came just after you left." I nodded to hide my smile from her.

"So, is your important work done?" Mehnaz asked me, emerging from our room. My eyes widened and I placed a finger on my lips, signaling her to keep quiet. Momina who was looking at Mehnaz turned towards me in confusion, before her eyes widened and realization dawned on her.

"You called her here!" She exclaimed and I broke into a smile.

"Mehnaz? You didn't tell me?" She turned facing her best friend, who raised her hands up in surrender saying "He told me not to tell you anything."

"You guys are terrible. I don't believe this." We burst out laughing and Mehnaz approached her and said "It was his plan, I am just a victim like you are. He said 'Momina is not okay, she needs you. I did all I could but, failed'

 Momina looked at me and asked, "Is it true?" I nodded my head, ashamed of myself and before I could say anything, her lips smashed into mine. She held my face with her ice cold hands as I wrapped my arms around her, I locking her there, and never letting her go. She broke the kiss and rested her forehead against mine, breathing.

"I better take my leave. I have stuffs to do. Allah hafiz." Saying this Mehnaz quickly grabbed her stuff and ran for the door.

"You scared her away." I chuckled, looking at the way, Mehnaz ran for life.

"Her job was done here. Now it's your turn." I gave her a quizzing look, cocking an eye brow at her.

"How can you say you are not enough for me? And who told you that you failed in taking care of me, huh?" She grabbed my collar with her hands making me answer her questions. But I remained silent.

"Don't you see how much you've helped me? Don't you see how much you take care of me? Don't you see that I am incomplete without you? What do you think of your self?" Her voice got louder.

"Momina, I thought I wasn't doing what I was supposed to, the right way. You shut your self out and made it really hard for me to help you that way." I confessed.

"You know how crazy I am, don't you? You are supposed to know me more than I do Murad---"

"I know you are crazy and I am crazier than you, because I love you Momina." She stopped mid sentence and looked into my eyes, comprehending whether what I just confessed is true.

"I love you, for all I am and with everything I have." I held her face in my hands and made her believe in me. "I have loved you ever since the first day I saw you. I knew you weren't easy to handle by the first impression you made and that's what made me fall for you. By every passing day, I fell in love with you deeper than ever, so much that I lost my self to you. I want to start a family with you, Momina. I want mini Murad and Momina running around the house. I want all that with you, the one I fell in love with."

"Why didn't you tell me all of this before?" She asked me with a soft voice.

"You think I had the guts to do that? Hell, I don't know what I am doing now. But I want you more than anything in this world. I need you around me all my life. I want us to grow old together until we lose all our teeth. I want it all with you."

"If you love me then show me. Show me how much you love me Murad. Make me yours, more than I already am. Don't let anyone take me away from you, no matter." She whispered still hands on my collar. I held her face and kissed her lips passionately like never before, our mouth  perfectly synchronizing. I felt her smile into the kiss. Her hands clutched my hair making me kiss her deeper and harder. I took a few steps back when the edge of the counter hit me. I picked her up not breaking the kiss and laid her on the bed. I broke the kiss, and I could feel her hot breath on my neck while I placed trails of kisses on her neck down to her shoulder and we traveled to euphoria.

OMG.. Murad finally confessed his love for Momina. I felt like this was the perfect time to do that. Sorry for the long 16 chapters wait, though. Kindly vote and comment all you thoughts. Your humble gesture would be highly appreciated :)

XOXO 

M.