Under One Roof

MOMINA ABDUL MAJEED

The next morning was a Tuesday, and we were still lying in bed. Correction! Sleeping like it was a Sunday. I cracked my eye open, to see the room was brightly lit up. Confused, I turned to the bed side table to check the time, but couldn't. I peeped at my body, at our bodies that were entangled in each other. My top and pajama pants ridden up, exposing my stomach and thighs. Murad's arms over my stomach and half his body wieight on me as he was lying on his stomach, facing the other side. I tried reaching my phone again, and successfully grabbing it this time. And it was....9 AM!

I gasped at it, sitting up on the bed and shook Murad roughly. "Murad!" I screamed in his ear, but he only groaned, turning to look at me. "Huh?"

"Murad! Wake up."

"What's wrong?" He asked peeling an eye open. But soon his eyes shot open, and brows plunged. "Is the baby alright?" He asked.

My eyes softened at his concern. "Yes! The baby is fine." I answered, pushing his hair backwards away from his forehead, completely forgetting the reason for my sudden outburst.

"Then, what is it?" He asked, rolling on his back and tugged at my hand, pulling me on top of him.

"We are late. It's 9 AM and we are still sleeping!" I exclaimed, jerking my arms away.

"We are not going to work today. I shut the alarm myself, last night." He husked.

"What? Why?!" Why would he do that for no reason?

"Because we are having a baby, remember?" I rolled my eyes, at him, before he continued. "And I wanted to spend the first day with the both of you at home." He stated, giving me his goofy smile.

I narrowed my brows, at 'both of you' but smacked my forehead, at my poor memory.

"We have a long day, waiting ahead of us." He said, sitting up on the bed, and that's when I realized he was shirtless, and that I was wearing his t-shirt. He tugged at my hand, pulling me to him.

"Why?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck, resting my knees on either side on his thighs.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." He answered, capturing my lips in his, giving me asweet morning kiss, to which I responded, not caring about how disgusting my mouth tasted, but pulled away quickly. He wrapped his arms around my waist, locking me in them. I nuzzled my face, in his neck, breathing in his scent.

We stayed there, holding each other, for a while, before my stomach began grumbling, telling me that I am hungry.

"Where are you going?" He inquired, as I broke the embrace and was a second away from placing my feet on the ground, when he spun me around, and I sat on the bed.

"Break--"

"You are not stepping in the kitchen." He ordered me. I cocked an eyebrow at him thinking about all the possibilities that could take place in the kitchen, during my absence. And maybe he did that too, because it didn't take him a second to add; "At least not today!"

I pursed my lips, looking at him intently, before giving up and rolling on the bed, getting under the comforter. "Okay! No problem." I gave him a sheepish smile, while he chuckled, pecking my forehead and made his way towards the washroom.

click

splash

Soon, the click and clattering of dishes, stirring of the saucepan, was coming from the kitchen, and shortly was followed by a loud thud and...

Aargh!

I shot up from the spot I was laying down, quickly stepped out of the bed and srpinted across the room and into the kitchen.