Midnight Memories

Don't forget to hit the star for a vote and comment your thoughts. Happy reading :)

Momina Abdul Majeed.

I woke up feeling blissful like never before. I turned to check the time on my phone, it was 9 am. I decided to lay down for a little bit longer. A few minutes later, my dad entered my room, I didn't move, letting him think I was still asleep. Then he did what he always does, ripped off the blanket that was on me.

"Ugghh... dad! You didn't have to do it. I was up already." I groaned and saw a mischievous smile on his face. He switched off the ceiling fan, forcing me to get up and I had to give in. I didn't want to ruin my mood so I sat up, sitting cross-legged on my bed.

"Now, that's my girl!" He exclaimed and I threw him a glare, after which he left because he knew I wouldn't lay down and sleep again. I went to take a shower doing all the necessary things, simultaneously. I walked towards the kitchen making sure everything was going as planned.

After having breakfast, we sat in the living room for a while, watching T.V. Soon, it was quarter past 5.

"Mom, I am done here. I am going to go get ready now." With this said, I left for my room and sat before my closet. I looked at my traditional wear and started pulling out the dresses one by one, placing them on me, and checking it out to see how it looks. I don't know how many dresses I had pulled out but eventually, my once clean and made bed had now turned into a pile of traditional clothing. I was beginning to get frustrated and picked up my phone to call my fashion police, Mehnaz when my savior knocked on my door.

"Ohhh.. mom, perfect timing. Please help me find something, I don't know what to wear." My mom eyed the pile of clothes on my bed and I gave her sheepish look giving her the I-got-this look. She then picked out a beautiful black dress with golden embroidery and a nice elegant collar. Wow .. I didn't see this before. The dress was pretty and decent.

"Thanks, mom, what would I do without you?" I gave her a hug before she called me to her room for her dress selection. I entered her room and saw 3 dresses neatly placed in a row, nothing like the pile on my bed. My mom was a hell of an organized person while on the other hand, her daughter was a pure mess. I picked a pink color dress with blue embroidery that would suit her complexion well.

I changed into my outfit, after cleaning the pile of clothes and sat before my dressing table for some makeup, following the instruction of my police and began experimenting with my face. I didn't like giving my face a cakey look, instead kept it natural with the basics. Foundation, powder, eyeliner, mascara, blush, highlighter, with neutral eye makeup and finally a nice pink shade of lipstick. I was barely done with my hair when I heard the doorbell ring. My dad had got it and I heard everyone saying their Salams. Taking deep breaths to calm my wrecking nerves, I stood up and walked towards where they ere huddled together. I went to greet his mom after his dad, who took me into a bone-crushing hug. My gaze locked with Humdaan, who was standing behind his mom. His mouth twitched into a smile as his eyes met mine.

"Assalam Alaikum." I greeted him first. He wore a black button-down shirt with a pair of black jeans. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbow, the usual, and he looked hot, really hot, also the usual.

"Walaikum Assalam" He replied with his signature smile. But before he could take a step closer to me, as everyone left to settle in the living room, his baby sister came rushing towards me saying "I missed you" I took her in my arms and before I could reply to her sweet gesture;

"If you missed her so much, then why don't you stay with her." Humdaan interrupted us.

"I am staying this time, no matter what. She is much nicer than you!" Awww...she was so cute. She nuzzled her face in my neck, which tickled me a little.