Chapter 1 *

Alex sat on her bed and zipped up her boots, ready for yet another first day

Alex sat on her bed and zipped up her boots, ready for yet another first day. She had lost count of just how many first days she's had.

It seemed as everytime she finally got used to one place her parents packed her up and shipped her away somewhere new. No doubt that this place would be any different.

She had been living in San Francisco for over a year, she made friends. Well, she made a friend. His name was Theo, he was probably the only person she let get as close as her sister and look where it got her. Waving goodbye to yet another house full of old memories.

She looked down at her phone, reading the web page:

"Do you think you are a healer. Read to find out just what you can do."

Alex let out a loud groan throwing her phone on the bed, she landed beside it.

Months before packing up and moving, Alex had discovered something. It was a sunny afternoon, she was out for a run, this particular afternoon there was a bird on her path. It was a pigeon, or at least she assumed it was. It's wing was injured pretty bad, it looked quite mangled.

Alex picked it up, she wanted to at least take it off the path before some other animal discovered it. As she held the small bird in her hands, she felt a tingle up her arm; almost like a sting. She had noticed her discoloured veins, seconds later the bird flew off.

Alex wanted to ignore it, hope that the bird wasn't as injured as it had seemed. Maybe she got stung by something, that would explain the stinging and maybe the discoloured veins.

Alex wanted to ignore it, but she couldn't. It wasn't normal, the birds wing was bloody and mangled than suddenly it wasn't.

There was no ignoring that

No one knew. Not even her sister, which killed her. Alex and Allison shared practically everything.

Alex went on a deep dive, she only found pages about being a hippy therapeutic, green tea drinking kinda healer; the people who charge 50 bucks to tell you that your aurora was off.

She had came across a page about werewolves, how they have this ability to heal and take pain from others. Alex doubted she was a werewolf, they weren't suppose to exist but than again someone like her probably wasn't suppose to exist either.

Not that Alex believed in the idea of men turning to wolves, she just wasn't ruling it out. However she had ruled out any possibility of her being a werewolf, she wasn't bit nor did she have fangs or claws and of course she considered the fact that they are not and should not be real.