Chapter 21*

After escaping from her house, alex made it safety to stiles jeep.

After a short phone call, getting an update from her sister that she shot the hunter in the leg with an arrow, hoping to slow him down. She also learned about their plan for the full moon, was to lock Scott in the same freezer Isaac lahey had spent half his childhood in and hope he wouldn't escape.

Alex  was now sitting in the back of stiles jeep, Derek taking her place in the front seat.

stiles looked at the window of the station and began explaining, "Okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father's office. The problem is getting past the front desk."

"I'll distract her." He replied, unbuckling his seat

"Whoa, whoa, whoa" he stopped him, pulling his arm back " You're not going in there."

Derek looked at the boy silently, staring at stiles hand on his shoulder then back at him.

Stiles noticed his glare "I'm taking my hand off" 

"I was exonerated." Derek stared at him

"You're still a person of interest." Stiles pointed out

"An innocent person" he reminded the boy

"An - you? Yeah, right!" Stiles laughed sarcastically, further frustrating the alpha.

Alex sighed, taking over in the conversation  "whats your plan derek. You can't go in there without one"

Derek looked to the back seat, "To distract her."

She nodded "Okay how?"

Stiles gritted his teeth "By punching her in the face? Unh." He suggested, mimicking the punch

Derek stared at the boy unimpressed, " by talking to her"

Stiles grinned  "Okay, all right. Give me a sample. What are you gonna open with?"

Derek of course sat silently probably contemplating all life decisions that led him to this very moment. Which Alex didn't blame him for.

"Dead silence. That should work beautifully. Any other ideas?" He asked

Derek paused, pondering on his ideas "I'm thinking about punching you in the face."

"Okay" Alex spoke up "Derek just work your manly werewolf powers, I'm sure girls go crazy over that"

"and eh.. well try and smile"  she added

Derek nodded, climbing from the jeep. The two teenagers following behind him

Stiles scoffed quietly "werewolf powers"

Alex grinned "are you jealous"

"No..." his voice high as he lied

Alex rubbed his shoulder "Okay relax, I like you not derek"

Derek strolled into the sheriff station, fixing his posture as he stood at the counter, grinning at the woman who stood on the other side.