Chapter 36*

Alex got out of the car, as did Isaac and Scott. Now they just had to wait for Derek.

Alex had a brief idea of the plan, she knew enough to help take part.

"Where's Derek?" Isaac asked

On cue  the alpha galloped down the street toward them, on all fours. As he got closer her jumped mid air and landed on his feet in front of them, glowing his eyes red.

Alex rolled her eyes, thinking now was the time for such a dramatic entrance.

Derek looked at Chris, Chris glared back at the wolf
"I'm here for Jackson. Not you." He told him

He nodded "Somehow, I don't find that very comforting." Derek said in return "Get him inside." He ordered the two wolves

Chris drove the car into the warehouse, where the plan would take place.

Scott and Isaac dropped the body bag on the ground, trying to be as careful as possible. Jackson had stopped moving, which worried alex more then it comforted her.

"Where are they?" Scott asked, noticing Lydia and Peter had to arrive.

"Who?" Derek asked

"Peter and Lydia."

Alex's eyes widened at the sound of the dead mans name "Peter.. as in dead Peter?" She asked, not sure if she wanted an answer or not.

Derek didn't answer Scott, he walked over to the body bag and began to unzip it.

Scott rushed over "Whoa, hold on a second." He stopped him "You said you knew how to save him." Scott reminded him

"We're past that." Derek told him

"What about -.."

"Think about it, Scott." Derek interrupted him
"Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

Chris shook his head "No. No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

Gerard walked out from a shadow. Alex followed him with her eyes, baring a knife in her hand.

"Of course not.Anything that dangerous, that out of control - Is better off dead." He told them. His eyes landing on Scott McCall by the end of his sentence.

Derek didn't hesitate to take that as a confirmation to kill jackson. He lurched over his body and raised his hand letting  his claws free as he was about to swing down to kill Jackson.

Just as Derek was ready to kill, it was if Jackson had sensed it. He had awoken and without hesitation stabbed his claws into Derek's chest, Derek grunted in pain, his mouth filling with blood as jackson lifted him up and threw him across the warehouse.

"Well done to the last, Scott. Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him." Gerard grinned sinisterly at the boy "You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me."