Chapter 32*

Alex sat at the edge of the cliff, by herself time. She was still so numb, it was as if her body couldn't process that own mother had died. She didn't understand why she couldn't feel it, it's not as if it didn't happen. Like she would walk in the her front door and be beckoned from her kitchen.

"Alex"

Alex looked over her shoulder and seen stiles stood behind her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked 

He smiled softly "to see you" He walked over and sat down beside Alex

She didn't do anything, she didn't move or put his arm around her. She just stared into the abyss

Alex blinked dryly "Aren't you suppose to be with Scott?" She asked

"Are you okay?" He asked her, ignoring her question

She turned slowly and looked at him. "Yeah" She nodded

He sighed "Alex, I lost my mom once. It's okay to be sad"

"I eh.. I hav- hadn't talked to her in like two days.. the last thing we did was fight in her office" she stammered throughout sentence "She wanted to talk today but I ignored her... I'm stubborn, I didn't talk and all she wanted to do was say goodbye"

She felt a lump in her throat, tears glistened her eyes "why did she do it" She whispered.

Stiles wrapped his arms around Alex, pulling her into him. Alex held into him and let a few tears fall, letting the emotions set in

"How can I still be mad at her... she's.. shes" Alex cried, unable to say the word "I mean my mind is telling me to stop but then the rest of me is telling me she was still so wrong"

Alex looked at him, her eyes puffed ever so slightly  "I'm numb stiles. I can't feel the grief, sure some tears have fallen but I'm still numb. Still can feel anything for her.. It's like my body forgot who she is- was"

Stiles opened his mouth to respond but Alex's phone chimed interrupting him. She picked it up and seen her dads caller.

Sighing she answered "hello"

"Sweetheart where are you?" He asked, his voice full of worry

"I'm okay dad. I'll be home soon" Alex reassured him

She did her let hi. Say much more, ending the all after the 5 second conversation.

"I have to go" she told stiles, she gave him a small peck and stood up to leave

...

Alex walked into her house, instantly feeling her fathers arms wrap around her in a bear guy. He's body stiffened and she squirmed free, stepping back she stared at him blankly "I'm just gonna go to my room"

"Okay" he nodded. Respecting her boundaries

She didn't say anything, walking away quietly. Somehow her heart was still full of anger that hadn't went away, her heart was being selfish, just as she was.

She walked into her room, landing on her bed with a sigh.

A small knock tapped against her door, she really wasn't in the mood for complaining.