Chapter 6*

Alex sat in Dereks car

Alex sat in Dereks car. She heard the locks click on the door.

"Seriously?" She deadpanned, "if I wanted to run, I would have done so in the school full of people"

"Who bit you?" He asked not acknowledging what she had just said.

"What?" Alex asked.

"how are you masking your scent?" He continued to asked. He assumed she was a wolf and a damn good one if she was able to mask her scent.

"I'm not a wolf. Believe me you'd know if I was"

He looked at her confused "Then how did you take some of my pain?"

"I didn't take your pain Derek. I healed some of it" Alex corrected, "6 months ago I was on a run. I found a bird with a broken wing so I picked it up. I felt a sting in my veins and the bird flew away; 3 months later I'm here"

"How is that possible?"

"I don't know" Alex shrugged, "I have done endless amount of research but all I'm met with is voodoo, herbal tea, hippy kind of things. I'm a werewolf, but I think maybe I can do more"

"What do you mean?" He asked

"When you passed out at the pet clinic and I started to heal you. I closed my eyes and I seen it all, I seen Kate shoot you and I felt every part of that bullet" Alex explained

"I can show you. Your uncle I can try" she offered

A silence followed, Derek hale wasn't inclined to trust many people; especially an argent.

"You can trust me now derek. With a family like mine, the version I seen my secret won't go easy with them"

Derek hesitated. He had never heard of what she she had just explained, she only had the factors of scattered supernatural creatures but no one defunding feature in common.

Knowing more about her family history than she may have, he was not so inclined to believe it was some genetic misconception from centuries prior.

*

Derek showed Alex into peters room, Alex looked at the man who was forced to a vegetive state; half his face covered in burn scars. He barely blinked as he stared at them.

Alex closed her eyes, "now Derek I don't know much about what I can do or how much. So bare with me"

Alex grabbed his hand and closed her eyes. She seen a glimpse of the house. It was big and beautiful, the wood was painted a beautiful white and windows scattered along the walls, there was a balcony on the top that looked over the trees, a Porch was positioned at the from of the house. A small one but you could fit a chair or 2. Bushes scattered for decorations.

The image of the house quickly disappeared as flames grew.  Alex could feel the sting of burning flesh, she could hear the agonising screams echoing around her head. The smell of burning flesh burning her nose.

She could feel his flesh melting. His skin burning and heating.

She could feel everything.

Alex's eyes shot open, she exhaled staggered breaths. Her veins slowly faded back to their regular colour.

Derek looked at her concerned "Are you Okay?"

"I'm okay, I'm just not exactly used to doing this yet"

"Come on I'm taking you to my house so we can talk somewhere alone"

*

They reached the hale house, which looked different then she seen. Alex only realising the true damage that was left.

"Your house was beautiful" Alex admitted

Derek looked at her, his brows arched  "You could see it?"

"Yeah" she nodded.

"the white wood with the ledge windows. The balcony at the top that looked over all the trees and small Porch that you could sit on" she described.

Derek felt a warmth take over him. He assumed no one would ever see the house again.

"how?" He asked

"I can see the pain people experienced" alex explained.

"I want to be able to know about what I can do because it is utterly terrifying that I woke up one day and everything changed and I couldn't tell anyone, I read somewhere that beacon hills is a beacon for the supernatural so I thought someone in this place might actually know" she confessed

Aled felt her cheeks burn "sorry, I just kinda ranted"

"It's okay" he nodded, it was odd.  "so, you don't know what you are?"

Alex shook her head, "I was kinda hoping you would"

"Is that why you weren't scared of werewolves?" He asked

"I'll admit, you have more power then me and you can grow these claws and fangs, but when it comes down to it, you want what everyone else wants"

"And that is?" He asked

"A normal life" she replied, shrugging"a life that doesn't involve running from my family" 

"No one really knows?" He asked

"Not a soul" she shook her head "well apart from Scott and stiles"

"I'm sorry, that's a hard secret to bare alone"

"I'm not alone" she shrugged, "I've got stiles and Scott and.. you"

He titled his head "Aren't you suppose to hate me"

"Derek you have every reason to hold as much hostility as you do. You are hurt and and hurt people get mad" 

The sound of a car in the distance took dereks attention. He focused, heading the voices from the car.

Kates voice.

"What is it?" Alex asked, noticing the distant look on his face

"Hide" Derek warned.

"Wha-.."

"Hide!" He repeated.

Alex nodded, she ran down the hallway and found a place under the stairs. Just a little outside the living room. She crouched under and watched.

Footsteps came closer, the door was kicked in. Alex's eyes grew as she she heard her aunts voice fill the silent void.

Alex could never tell her and she could never tell Allison.