Chapter 7*

"No one home?"

Kate looked around "Oh, he's here. He's just not feeling particularly hospitable." She told them

"Maybe he's out burying a bone in the backyard." The young hunter joked.

Kate looked at him unimpressed"Really? A dog joke? We're going there, and that's the best you got?"

"If you wanna provoke him, say something like, "Too bad your sister 'bit it' before she had her first litter. Too bad she howled like a bitch when we cut her in half!" Kate yelled out,

Alex continuing to hide away, listening as her aunt spat ruthless comments towards Derek. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, Kate was awful.

The woman she basically considered a best friend was a ruthless bitch.

Derek growled , he threw one of her men actress the house. 74 hopper from the wall to the banister, knocking the second over with two feet to the chest.

Derek charged towards Kate, she pulled out an electric baton and held it against Derek's skin. It took everything in alex not to step in.

Kate gazed at the wolfs body, "This one grew up in all the right places. I don't know whether to kill it or - lick it." 

Kate paced slowly behind Derek, watching with humour as he dragged his body across the old wooden floor.

Derek attempted to pull himself self up onto a chair, Kate shocked him again.. and again. She laughed in the face of his agony.

Alex felt the tears threaten her eyes. This was her family, they did this to innocent people bared with a gift they didn't want.

What would they do to her. How would they make her suffer.

"900,000 volts. You never were good with electricity, were you? Or fire"

"Which is why I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. And, well, maybe we can help each other out." She told him,

"Yes, your sister was severed into pieces and used as bait to try to catch you."

She shrugged" Unpleasant, and frankly, a little too Texas chainsaw massacre for my taste, but quite true. Now, here's the part that might really kick you in your new balls - We didn't kill her."

Derek didn't utter a word, he glared towards her. Waiting for the electric beams to calm

"You think I'm lying?" She asked

"Wouldn't be the first time." Derek managed to choke out.

"sweetie" she tsked "Well Why don't you just listen to my heart and tell me if I am. Okay?"

"We." She walked closer to him

"didn't" she bent down

"kill." She leaned into his ear

" your. sister." She whispered slowly. Enjoying every moment.

Derek listened as best he could and although he hated to admit it, her heart didn't jump.

"Do you hear that? There's no blips or upticks. Just the steady beat of the cold, hard truth."