Chapter 11*

Days after the incident at school, and everyone was back to their books with only the word of gossip to hang from

Alex trudged into class, her eyes hanging heavy due to lack of sleep. The events of that night poised her sleep, reminding her that an alpha chose to cherish her life.

"Did you hear it was derek Hale" Someone whispered "Apparently he had hostages"

Alex shook her head in a poor attempt to ignore the whispers. She closed her eyes for a second but all she could see was it's face, it's deep crimson eyes staring into hers and choosing to walk away but try and kill everything else. Why her, why did it chose to not kill her?

Ms finch walked into class and the low mumbles of talks soon stopped.

"we have a pop quiz today" she announced

The silence class awoke in a wave of groan. She smiled simply and began to hand out the papers.

"Begin" she told her class

Alex looked down at the first question of her quiz

Why did he not kill you?
A) ~ you pleaded for your life
B)~ he somehow knew what you were
C)~ he only wanted Scott
D)~ he's just waiting for the right time

Alex shook her head and went back to the question, hoping her mind would soon snap
Back to reality.

The answer for the question above can help with this question.
How do you know derek isn't really the alpha?

Alex closed her eyes and took in a small breath. As she opened her eyes, she was met with those of the alpha.

The cold, red eyes stared into her soul. Not blinking once.

She could only repeat the one thought in her head.

It is not real.

The sound of a book landing flat on a table caused her eyes to finally open. Which only revealed that it wasn't the beast staring at her, it was only the eyes of 20 other students with concerned expressions.

Alex looked at her teacher, her looked back with concern. It was only then that Alex felt the warm tears around her eyes.

"Em.." Alex whispered

"Alex do you want to go to the bathroom and collect yourself?"

"Yes please" Alex nodded.