2 | you are?

🎵 Lion - (G)I-DLE

= Ba ba baaa~ It looks like a lion, I'm a queen like a lion. =

A/N: A song for each chapter to get into the mood. Happy reading! 😌

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Her name is Hera, pretty face, long hair and stupid plump lips. I first met her at the changing room alone during orientation, and the first thing she said to me was 'oh my god, that limited-edition Gucci bag'.

We had a small conversation talking about my bag and I admitted to being rich when she asked. She wanted to go shopping with me afterward, which I found absolutely strange, so I shunned her immediately and walked away without another word.

My thoughts at her sudden friendliness turned to distaste as I learned too well that people normally approach me for my money, and I was not going to be used this way.

Since that happened, a lot of trainees weren't so welcoming to me anymore. A rumour had spread, and I think it was something about me being born with a silver spoon and that I treat people according to their status. They were wrong about me being born with a silver spoon though.

I, Kim Jisoo, was born with a spoon of gold.

I stared back at Hera through the mirror and we made eye contact but she quickly broke it off. "Come on, let's sit at the other side," her friend whose name I don't know dragged her away, and she flashed her wide smile to her friend as they continued their conversation.

I really hate those plump lips of hers, it makes me want to slap her face.

A girl from nowhere suddenly tripped and dropped her coin purse in front of me, spilling her coins over as she crashed to the floor, hands first.

That must've hurt, I thought.

Several dimes came rolling towards me and I made eye contact with her. What a timing. She sent me a thankful look like I was supposed to understand.

Was she expecting me to help her up or pick those coins? Because that was her own business and I wasn't planning to get entangled with that.

I got on my feet and walked away before she could even talk to me. "What the heck? She's so..." I heard her even though she was muttering to herself.

If picking up coins for her was supposed to be an act of kindness, then being kind was not who I am.

The girls started gathering in the centre of the room when our usual briefing was about to start. I found myself the right corner of the front row and silently waited. Soon enough, the door opened and in came our representative manager, Sohee. She was responsible for the trainees of this program so any information on upcoming projects or enquiries would go through her.

"Hope you've been having a great week," Sohee spoke as she busily flipped through some papers in her hand. "Before we start, you know the rules. Surrender your phones here," she put a basket in the front and all the girls started to grumble.

For this program, our personal phones were substituted with a spare one that mainly had the call function. We wouldn't be able to surf the internet and were forbidden to make secret calls back home as long as we were within the premises. Sohee also warned that our calls could be traced and there were consequences if we were caught.

When everyone was done surrendering their phones, Sohee continued. "We've got something interesting this weekend. Anyone wanna take a guess?"

"Debut!" One girl among the 16 of us squeaked in a joking manner. As usual, I don't know her name.