special 1 | tripolar

🎵 Hello - CHEN ❤︎

= I couldn't find the right words to exprеss my feelings. With all my heart in those ordinary hellos, I just want to ask if you'rе doing well. =

A/N: Special episode is out, yay!
This is based on the earlier scenes (from chapters 1 - 4). Enjoy 😌

[Jongdae POV]

I made my way down to SM when my manager called asking me to find a staff named Sohee. I was invited as a vocal coach for a trainee program, and my trip down was to discuss my role from the person-in-charge, which is Sohee.

The talk was pleasant, with her telling me about the program schedule and when I would be involved. They basically started the program with a vocal group evaluation and I was a judge for the showcase to assess the trainees' vocals so that I could grade them by classes and plan the right lessons for them.

I left the meeting room after the discussion and strolled towards the lift lobby. It was 10 pm but I have dance practice with the guys later at 3 am in preparation for our new comeback so there was a lot of time left to spare. 3 am is an ungodly timing I know, but that was the safest hour to gather as a group and practice without people knowing.

On my way wandering around SM, I heard a banging sound as if someone was nailing something against the wall. But it was already night so there shouldn't be any construction going on.

I traced the noise and soon found myself standing outside a practice room named Sapphire. These rooms were small enclosed spaces given to trainees to practice singing on their own, which means it should be soundproofed, but I couldn't understand why there would be loud noises coming from it.

I leaned onto the door to listen better, and there was a girl... cursing.

"Stupid cunning two-faced bitch. I should've known better through that fake smile of yours. I hope you get punched in the throat so you won't be able to sing! UGhHHh!" She vented to herself and somehow got me chuckling.

This girl was probably trying to sound nasty but it wasn't intimidating at all. I heard more banging sounds on her side going louder each time that it started to worry me, but I hesitated at the door.

Is it okay for me to barge in?

Because anyone would recognise me in an instant and I shouldn't carelessly show up considering that I am a well-known artist, and a member of world-famous EXO at that.

The knocking suddenly stopped and no other sound was heard. That was when a frightful thought crossed my mind - what if she wasn't alone and was actually beating someone up?

Why did I not think of that?!

I pushed open the door without further hesitation.

The moment I did, I was greeted with the sight of a girl cooped up to herself and... I think she was crying.

Where's the bully?

Wait, was she really alone all this time?

This was totally not what I expected.

"Hello?" I voiced out, searching for her face but her head was down. I wanted to check if she was okay.

The girl raised her head at me rubbing her eyes and I could tell that they were teary. I suddenly didn't know how to deal with that. We exchanged looks for a second and I realised that my identity was exposed, but it was too late for me to hide.