3 | accomplice

🎵 Décalcomanie - MAMAMOO

= This is a little dangerous. I might cross the line. =

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I fell asleep in the corner of the tiny practice room after spending the entire night practicing my rap in it, but I couldn't get comfortable because the space was plainly me, grey-painted four walls and the cold hard floor. When I woke again, my neck was stiff for leaning against the wall and my back was aching due to my wrong sleeping posture. I checked my watch and it was 5:20 am, and the last time I checked it was 3:30 am. It turned out to only be a two-hour nap even though it felt like I slept longer than that.

I picked up the lyric sheet left right beside me and looked at it again. All night long I was memorising the lyrics and rapping to myself over and over again, but it still doesn't feel right.

I just can't rap.

I sighed, staring blankly at the lyrics. In my raspy voice after the nap, I started rapping once more. "At that time, knock knock, from last summer night and day, you made me dream of a romance," I stopped at the sudden loss of motivation.

It's 5:30 am in the morning and what am I doing?

I could be cuddling in bed at home surrounded by my Minnie Mouse plushies and sleep all the way past noon the next day. I could just pack up right now and walk away and I won't have to suffer here and tolerate bitchy girls like Yuri and Hera.

I felt my eyes go warm. I wish there was someone I could miss right now but I couldn't even think of anyone. Not mom or dad. Maybe my driver Jack? I'm pretty sure if I called him right now he would rush over to send me home. "Hah," I laughed at myself for having weird pathetic thoughts.

Before I went mental again, I decided to pack my stuff a bit and head out of the room. Not to leave this place but to get some fresh air. Closing the door behind me, I took a good look at the name of this tiny room. It labeled Sapphire.

I got myself a cup of black coffee at the nearest vending machine. Sipping on the bitterness was all it took to sober me up. While at it, I browsed around me and caught sight of an endless darkness down the hallway. SM's building was huge but I have never left the radar of our practice venues.

And so I debated with the coffee in my hand.

Nobody said I couldn't venture out of the practice areas and now seemed like a perfectly good opportunity.

Easy decision.

The hallway lights automatically lit up as I paced forward but I didn't know where I was going. The early morning just seemed more eerie than usual because wherever I was going was quiet without a soul, and I had a frightened urge to break the silence.

"Knock knock, from last summer night and day, you made me dream of a romance like a school girl, I only waited for today..." I started spewing the rap from my memory. Not sure if I was rapping to practice or distract myself from the eeriness but it sure kept me occupied from bad thoughts.

By the way, I believe in ghosts.

I stopped rapping the moment I heard faint beats of music coming from somewhere. There must be a rehearsal or something. Being curious to bits, I began tracing the source, eventually turning at a corner where the bass seemed louder. There I stood, a distance away from the only room that looked noisy alive.

Lights were shining out of the door and on it was a hand-sized circular window at eye level where I could peek into. I walked over and brought my face close to the surface to look.