31 | start over

🎶  Start 시작 - Gaho

= I will have all that I want because that is my dream. Nothing's changed, I'll hang in there. My dream will become better, stronger. I'll start over again. =

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I took timid steps away and leaned against a wall to support myself while trying to collect my thoughts. Did Jongdae really just call her MOM?

Please don't let this be real... please...

"This isn't how I expected your meetup to be," Jongdae chuckled awkwardly. "But this is Jisoo, my girlfriend. And Jisoo, that's my mom."

And I felt attacked by his words the second time.

"H-H-He-l-llo A-A-Aunt-t-tie..." I stuttered badly while having a major breakdown on the inside. Now feeling the guilt and panic for the thoughts that ran through my head today. Thirty seconds ago I was defaming her as a whore and a bitch...

You deserve to be slapped and burned alive, Kim Jisoo.

Lady Kim - no, I mean, Jongdae's mother, broke out laughing at my reaction and it worried me even more.

I rubbed my hands nervously to myself, standing straight while my head went low and lower.

Say bye-bye to good first impressions, I can bet that she already doesn't like me.

"So this is her? Jisoo?" Lady Kim chuckled, scanning me from head to toe. She was always smiling so I couldn't tell if that was an evil chuckle or not.

"She's cute, right?" Jongdae asked and the two of them conversed for some time. I was still trying to wrap my head around the situation in the meantime.

They headed over to the living room for a chat and I almost didn't know where to stand or what to do since it wasn't my house and I was the uninvited guest.

Everything at the moment seemed to be at my disadvantage. I ended up going to the kitchen to settle the groceries I bought earlier and was suddenly debating if I should cook his mom a meal too.

She already hates me, so what if she hates my cooking too? What if she hates my face and disapproves of our relationship? What if she asks Jongdae to break up with me? How am I going to make this right? Can I even turn the tables around?

For a while, I struggled over questions like that. Finally understanding what Jongdae is going through with my dad because these were life-and-death problems to me right now too.

"Jisoo?" Jongdae waved in my face. I didn't even notice him coming to me. "What's gotten into you?"

I immediately reached for his hand. "Does she hate me?"

He looked clueless at first but broke out chuckling. "Hate is a strong word," he patted my head. "Relax, my mom isn't scary like your dad. Even though I wasn't expecting you to meet like this... Anyway, do well for me, okay?"

Do well? WELL?!?!!

"How can you say that? You're supposed to help me! No, you have to help me!" I whined, holding onto him but he still managed to pull his hand away.

"She asked for you," Jongdae smirked evilly. "Whereas... I'm asked to wash the vegetables for you."

I shook my head profusely and refused to leave.

"Go on, she's waiting for you. Else she'll think that you don't wanna talk to her." Jongdae nudged me towards the living room and pushed me out.

Again, his mom and I made awkward eye contact. I didn't even have time to prepare my next line so I stood there silly smiling.