11 | staining my soul

🎵 Lights Out - CHEN / EXO ♥️

= When the breathing gets hard and the tears come up, you can confide in me and cry. You can do that because it'll all pass. Fall asleep in my arms, you don't have to wake up. Morning will come again so you can dream in peace. =

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I should have known better when Ga In approached me claiming that she wanted to be friends. We first met at a dance class I signed up outside of school, but Ga In wasn't even my age, she was two years older. The numbers didn't matter because I thought we got along really well, or because she made it seem like it.

Now everything was too late. I trusted her too easily without suspecting that she had a scheme all along.

I trusted a bitch.

"I hope you live in hell," I cursed at her.

Ga In grabbed my collar and pulled me towards her. "I will send you to hell first," she snarled and raised her hand to hit me. I shut my eyes in fear of the pain coming until I heard sirens in a distance.

"Shit!" Guy one cursed. "How did they know?!"

"Hae In, we need to go." Guy two turned to us, obviously calling for Ga In. That's when I knew that even the name I knew this bitch by was fake all along. She dropped me to the ground unwillingly and finally stepped away.

"How did they find out?!" She snapped at them.

The attention went to guy two for a second as he looked down at a phone. "H-Her phone..." he muttered.

Guy one slapped him on the back of his head harshly and bellowed. "You idiot! I clearly told you to turn it off!" Without hesitating, he snatched the phone from guy two and smashed it on the ground. "Let's go before the cops track us down."

"What about her?" Ga In pointed at me. Or Hae In. What the frog ever.

"What? You wanna drag her along? You already said she's useless!" Guy one said. "Taking her with us just adds trouble."

"We can't just leave her here! She's evidence that'll ruin us all!" Ga In voiced out frustratedly.

"The dead can't speak," guy one said without even blinking. He conveniently reached a barrel in the room and began splashing some liquid out. Flammables, most likely, and I was panicking more than ever to see this happening in front of me. There was nothing I can do but watch. "Help out now, will you!" He barked at guy two to get him moving along.

In just a few seconds, they had the floor splashed all over. I was begging for them to spare me but no one listened. Ga In stood there frozen while watching the guys cause a scene. She wasn't moving or speaking as if the crime was suddenly against her conscience.

"Ga In," I was suddenly pleading, thinking that it could be my last. She seemed to be my only hope. I cried my heart out miserably, begging the person I now hated most on Earth.

"P-Please... let me live," I trembled uncontrollably. "I-I won't say a word. I won't do anything. I won't remember anyone, n-not you or them. I'll promise you. I j-just..." I cried harder that the words were choking me up. She was staring back at me, frowning hard as if she was struggling to make a choice.

The sound of sirens were approaching.

"Hae In, what are you doing? I said let's go!" Guy one yelled at her. They were waiting for her at the exit to take flight. Ga In finally made her choice and walked out.

Eventually, she chose to leave with them.

I watched with my own two eyes as guy one pulled out a matchstick, lit it up and tossed it over. The ground caught flames immediately and spread like wildfire towards me. I looked around me, feeling the heat from the nearing fire prickling at my skin and wailed at the top of my lungs. I was desperate for rescue, knowing well that there was no way I could escape by myself in this condition.