22 | pretty face

🎶 Obsession - EXO 🍎

= You cover my eyes, you cover up the truths. Let go of the empty dreams, don't make me spit out poison. =

A/N: pretty face in the pic ^

⚡️⚡️⚡️

3rd POV - night of the pizza party -

"It's nice talking to all of you," Jongdae smiled, preparing to leave the table where Doyeon and her team sat.

"Already? Aw come on, oppa. Talk to us more~" she scooted closer to Jongdae. "Do you think I'm ready to debut? What did you think of our performance? Do you like it?"

Jongdae stood up hastily and left her questions unanswered. He had stayed around long enough because the girls kept engaging him in pointless conversations, but he knew that it was time to move on. The whole point of his appearance tonight was after all, to get to the table where Jisoo was.

"Keep up the good work, everyone. Eat up!" He gestured to the untouched pizzas and moved out of the way before anyone could stop him again.

Doyeon stared as Jongdae took his leave, and noticed that he was in smiles watching Jisoo from afar. And she couldn't smile anymore. It wasn't her first time catching her ultimate bias looking at Jisoo, and every time she did, she would get more bitter and frustrated.

Though she stayed silent the whole time, she knew about their relationship more than anyone else. It was impossible not to know since she had eyes on Jongdae all the time, but what confirmed her suspicion was the night she saw them together at the outdoor court, where Jongdae put his jacket around Jisoo so affectionately after she ran her punishment rounds.

And there was no way she would give them her blessings.

Looking to the seat where Jongdae was at previously, Doyeon noticed and picked up the phone that he had carelessly left behind before anyone else saw it. She glanced over to Jongdae, who was now on the other side of the canteen and found her new excuse to approach him again. She believed that she could win Jongdae's heart if they interacted more since she was the star trainee of this program and praised by everyone for being pretty.

She was about to approach Jongdae but stopped when she saw him sitting next to Jisoo. Her jealousy quickly turned to anger, and she grew more desperate thinking of ways to split them up. Since the very first day, she badly wanted to screw Jisoo up and she had held on for too long.

Doyeon looked down to the phone in her hand and schemed. There and then, she wondered how she could put Jongdae's phone to use...

"Has anyone seen my phone? I think I left it behind," Jongdae approached Doyeon's table again. She had just sent a text to Jisoo's trainee phone using his and was trying hide it away.

Her teammates looked around in search for it, and Doyeon acted the same way for a while. "Oh, is it this?" She bent below the table and pretended to pick it up before handing it back to Jongdae. "Thanks," Jongdae flashed his gentleman smile that melted Doyeon's heart once again.

Near 8 pm when Jongdae had already left the pizza party, he received a text from an unknown number, not knowing that it belonged to Jisoo's trainee phone.

The text read: Why 3A of all rooms? Grrrrrrrrrr

Jongdae tucked his phone back into his pocket and almost wanted to regard the random message as a spam. But something about it seemed strange that he couldn't ignore even after minutes. He opened the message another time to study it. He knew that 3A was a room number at Block A, but why?