32 | my devil (18+)

🎶 Shall we? - CHEN 💖

= Come into my arms and I'll hold you tight. Please don't hide it, my dear. Come to me just the way you are. =

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I stood behind a wall before the guys could see me and continued to listen.

"Aren't you a little too... overconfident? You talk as if you know her well but it's not even a month since she started working," Jaehyun responded. "Plus, if it's between you and Jongdae hyung... you won't even be an option. You're straight out."

I thanked him in my head, chuckling to myself because that was exactly my sentiments.

"Don't be too sure, buddy," Dean chuckled back. "I'm the one who's with her every day at the office. I'm the one who'll be by her side at work. I'm the senior who can guide her and give her a hand when she needs it. One day, she might realise that I'm the one who's suitable for her, not some K-POP star."

I was gonna step out and reject him completely when someone slammed the table real hard that it startled me.

"It doesn't matter who you are... Jisoo is mine," Jongdae claimed in a dark and solid voice. He concluded that talk in three words. Short and sweet that I almost melted to my feet.

I twirled around and peered out of the wall to see that the glaring competition between Dean and Jongdae had resumed. Meanwhile, Baekhyun seemed the most out of place, looking like he regretted being a part of this which made me smile harder.

Baekhyun is quite a dork and I was just casually thinking that he might be a perfect match for Hera...

Anyway, I walked out of my hidden spot eventually and went back to the table pretending that I heard nothing.

"Shall we call it a day now?" I suggested. Initially, I had planned to return to the office for overtime but now I just wanted to spend the rest of the night with my beloved Jongdae.

"Yeah, let's go," Jaehyun replied while getting up along with Baekhyun. 

I reached my hand out to take Jongdae's hand too. "Come on," I smiled brightly at my boyfriend and he gladly held my hand in front of Dean.

"Jisoo, we're going to OT right?" Dean interrupted when Jongdae and I were exchanging sweet looks.

I turned and gave him a dead look. "I'll OT when you're not around. Tonight, I'm gonna spend some time with my boyfriend." I flipped out my hair and walked with Jongdae out of the ramen place, leaving him there alone.

...

After we parted ways from everyone, Jongdae and I strolled down the streets to enjoy some fresh night air before getting to his car. Even though he was masked, I still wondered if people could recognise him, but the passers-by gave no hoot so far.

"How's work coming along?" Jongdae asked as we walked hand in hand.

"Great. I'm starting to like it a lot actually. There're a lot of things to plan, strategise and evaluate. The people there are really nice. We have meetings twice a week and it's a like a brainstorm session where everyone's free to comment on what needs to be improved. I think it's meaningful," I grinned just thinking about it.