12 | sandwiched

🎵 That's okay - D.O.

= Don't hide yourself, will you show me you? Be comfortable with the way you are. That's right, it's okay. =

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I took an unwilling bite of my tuna sandwich which turned out to be freaking delicious. When I mentioned to Jongdae that I wasn't going to eat, I meant it, because firstly it's not usual for me to get hungry at 5 am in the morning. But when I came down to the convenience store and saw fresh packs of sandwiches on the shelf, my tummy growled. Let's just say I was unlucky Jongdae witnessed that, because he immediately grabbed one off the shelf and paid for it before I could reject him.

"I'm leaving once I'm done with this," I munched and talked, taking big bites one after another. Jongdae threatened to throw the sandwich away if I didn't eat it even though I suggested refund or donating it back to the shelves. I couldn't let an innocent pack of sandwich go to waste, and seriously, it is delicious.

So here we were again, sitting opposite each other and dining at the convenience store.

"Take your time, no one's forcing you." Jongdae said but I continued to munch madly. "You know I won't let you leave so easily. I waited for you all night."

I almost choked at the last part. "You what?" I asked, frowning.

"If you think it'll look normal for a celebrity to be chasing a trainee around, then fine. I can play hide and seek with you all day." He calmly said, peeling open his own sandwich.

I frowned. "Don't act like you know me when others are around. People will talk."

"It doesn't matter to me," he shrugged.

"It does to me!"

"So?" He challenged, which made me frown even deeper. For the first time, he succeeding in agitating me.

"Are you always this selfish?"

Jongdae rested his arms on the table and leaned forward. "Now we're finally talking."

"What?"

"You're the one who's been selfish from the start. You only say what you want to say and hear what you want to hear and then leave me wondering what more I need to do." Jongdae looked right at me. "People would come to me when they know who I am," he shook his head, "but you do the exact opposite."

I put my sandwich down. "So? You want me to come running to you, fangirling like the others do?"

"What are you so afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid of anything."

"And that's why you walk away?"

He hit my soft spot a little. I clenched my fists under the table to remind myself to stay firm. "You don't need me in your life, dude."

"How do you know that? Who said so?" Jongdae was bombarding me with questions for every sentence I make, and my agitation grew.

"You don't lack people in your life. It's obvious that anyone would give their all just to be your friend. I'm not that person and I won't be good enough, so stop trying."

"First of all, you don't decide who comes or go in my life. Second, you don't assume what I think of you," Jongdae sighed. "Others don't treat me the same way you do. They won't even talk the way you do to me."

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry if you think I'm rude but this is who I am so deal with it-"

"-You don't have to apologise for who you are and I don't understand why you think you're not better than them. For god sake," he made himself solid clear, piercing into my eyes. "You're so much more."