17 | tire

🎵 Breath - Park Hyo Shin (cover by CHEN) ♥️

= On a night like tonight, if only I can stay in this dream, if I can wish for what I can't, if I can have no fear, just like you... =

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I didn't tell Hera the truth. Thanks to my lateness this morning, I was told to find Sohee at 10 pm after practice for my punishment, and the time was just right for a getaway.

"Being tired is your excuse?" Sohee questioned. I was at her office alone, standing with my hands behind my back as she disciplined me. "I'm not trying to make it hard for you, Jisoo, but you don't follow the rules. How do you think I should deal with you?"

I kept my head low and sealed my lips tight. Nothing good would come out from my point of view. She wouldn't believe me if I mentioned Yuri either.

"Do what you want," I muttered when I couldn't further contain my frustration over the injustice.

"You're a stubborn kid, Jisoo." Sohee said to me. I raised my eyes to her, and I could see clearly how much Sohee didn't like me. "You don't reflect on your mistakes, and you like to pin it on others."

"Don't go psychology on me. You don't know me or the situation." I firmly made my point.

She scoffed at my response. "Trying to be feisty now? Because you've got a good background? That's not how we train you. If you want to survive in this industry, I suggest you learn to be humble."

The moment she mentioned background got me fired up inside. I didn't think Sohee was the kind of manager to be careless with her words, but she was, and she just got on my nerves. Completely. On my blacklist now. I closed my eyes for a while to gather my thoughts and calm myself down.

No cursing, Jisoo, no cursing... think of Jongdae and unicorns and rainbows...

"Just give me my punishment," I said in a tone of defeat, knowing that there was no way I could win Sohee if I wanted to stay on this program.

"Go run 20 laps around the outdoor court," she ordered superiorly, and it shocked me to think that this was her method.

"What?" My eyes went wide.

"Why? You can't do it? Are you going to say you're too tired to do that?" Sohee challenged me, not showing one bit of sympathy. "Grab a tire while you're at it. They have it at the equipment room where they keep the dodgeballs."

She was obviously trying to drain the energy out of me.

...

I stood at the outdoor court alone, stomach grumbling as I looked blankly into the air. Had I known this was going to be my punishment, I would've eaten more for dinner. I had a light dinner because of practice, and I was initially planning to grab supper with Hera when the day ended. Now, even supper plans got to go.

I put the camera on the floor to film the area I was going to run at. The outdoor area was a rectangle space made up of 2 basketball courts. Genius Sohee said she would go through this footage to confirm that I run 20 laps here with a darn tire. I never thought there was someone as despicable as Yuri, but guess I found a match.

I breathed out loud. "Okay, 20 laps, no biggie," I told myself, slinging the rope linked to the tire over my shoulder and tying it around me. Since I had to get down to it, might as well make the best out of it.

Time for a diet exercise.

...

The tire was so darn freaking heavy. The running wouldn't be so much hell if it hadn't been the tire. I was staggering in my footsteps as I reminded myself ever second that this was the final lap. I was in all sweat and cold from the chilly night, shivering every time the cool breeze brush past me. And I was even more motivated thinking about the hot shower I could get after the run.