26 | RUBY

🎶 Twenty Five, Twenty One - JAURIM (cover by SEJEONG 💖)

= Swept away by the wind at a season when flowers fade, it still feels like I might be holding your hand. Not knowing then that flowers could be so beautiful... like I know now. =

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I stopped in my tracks when I realised what I had just gotten myself into. My heart rate accelerated in fear that something bad was about to happen to me, so much so that I could feel it hammering through my chest.

No matter how violent I can be, I knew I was no opponent for a man.

I took a step back this time and wanted to leap but deliberated for a second because I was also curious to see the face behind that mask. I had come all the way here and I deserved to know.

Your life or your curiosity, Kim Jisoo?

My own senses knocked in.

Life, of course!

I pivoted on my heels and decided to run before he could catch me, but what held me back eventually wasn't his contact by force.

It was his voice that called out my name.

"Jisoo ya!"

I spun back around and he willingly took off his mask and sunglass to reveal himself.

My eyes went the biggest ever.

"J-J-J-Jack?" I muttered in shock. "What are you doing here? No, why are you here? Wait, how..."

My questions were all over the place because I just couldn't believe my eyes. Jack has been my chauffeur for years (even though I never rode his car, he was always around) and a really loyal person to my family, but here he was, standing before me and being branded as a stalker.

"Jisoo ya," Jack exhaled once more, in a calmer way.

He was like an uncle to me and the only non-relative that I would say is closest to family. "Since you found out... I should just tell you." He sighed and walked up to me.

I stood there dumbfounded and waited for him to come to me when I was suddenly pulled back by someone, who then threw a punch at Jack. I watched my poor uncle collapse on the floor after one tight blow to his cheek and gasped loudly in shock.

"JACK!" I immediately dropped to his side and shook him profusely. He was in so much pain trying to move his jaw. Then I turned to see the man to my rescue, Jongdae, clenching his fists tight. He looked angry at first but soon turned confused about the situation.

"It's okay, Jongdae," I tried to reassure him while catching my own breath. "I'm okay... he's family."

...

I ended the call with Hera after telling her that I couldn't join the meeting with Sohee at night. She learned that the 'stalker' turned out to be someone I was close with and understood that I needed time to straighten things out with him.

I slipped my phone into my back pocket and turned to take a look at the two guys who were seated beside each other in the cafe.

Through the transparent glass panels, I saw guilty Jongdae holding up an ice bag to Jack's cheek and it made me smile. This qtpie must be regretting so much right now for his impulsive punch.

I walked back in and took a seat opposite both of them. "Jack, you sure you're okay? Do you want to go to the hospital?"

He gently shook his head. "I'm okay. It does hurt but I'm okay."