Chapter Four

First day of the month of contract implementation…

Lauren was awestruck at the enormous and captivating sight of the man’s residence while she strode into the compound darting her eyes from left, to right, and around, admiring the beautiful scenery that was spread before her and the fleet of exotic cars parked at the lot.

“Wow! This guy is super rich. Look at all those cars!” she gawked.

Meanwhile;

From inside his bedroom upstairs, he peered out the window through the curtain and could see Lauren looking around like it was her first time seeing such a place, as she made her way to the front door. He smirked and then walked away from the window.

The doorbell rang at the front door and the maid opened it.

“Good morning.” Lauren greeted the maid with a smile.

“Yes, good morning,” the maid answered with an indifferent expression, “How may I help you?”

“I’m Lauren. Your boss is expecting me.”

‘Humph! Women these days are such gold diggers. She looks like someone who will cling to Mr. Coker because of his wealth.’ The maid thought, sizing her up and down saying, “Alright, he will be with you shortly.”

“O...”

The maid closed the door before Lauren could say a word.

Hmm!!! She was perplexed. Even a mere maid, because she has tasted the good life, is actually looking down on her and talking to her however she felt like. ‘No problem. It’ will only last a while.’ With that thought, Lauren turned around with a hiss escaping her lips as approached the guard rails, sitting on it with her back leaning against the wall.

“She couldn’t even ask me to come in or offer me a cup of tea.” She uttered and clicked her tongue in annoyance.

After waiting for what felt like eternity, she checked her watch and saw that it was nine o’ clock.

Are you kidding me?!

Lauren was upset. Like she couldn’t believe she was still waiting for this guy to show up. Is he some sort of royalty? Just how long will it take for him to get dressed and come out? When he came to her place, he told her to be at his place by seven a.m. So, she had been waiting for two whole hours outside.

Long moments later…

At about nine thirty a.m., the man stepped out of the house, and glanced at Lauren. Seeing that she was half asleep on the rails, he cleared his throat drawing her attention.

She opened her eyes, seeing him standing by the door looking at her. She quickly jumped down, walking towards him.

“Good morning, sir.” Lauren greeted fixing herself.

“Good morning. Did I keep you waiting?”

“No sir.”

He smiled a smug smile as his driver steered the car forward, stopping beside him. The driver climbed out of the car to open the door for him.

“Let’s go.”  He said and entered the car, while Lauren stood there looking at him.

“What are you waiting for? Get in.”

“Oh, okay.” She entered the front seat of the car and shut the door and his driver started the car and drove away.

As they arrived at the company premises; Lauren threw her gaze out the window staring at the tall building with exquisite designs. She saw the name “DC Group”, boldly crested on top of the building as they approached the main entrance.