Chapter Twelve

“So, she is now kissing up to his mother now, huh?”

Inside the CEO’s office, Damien peered at the photos delivered to him. The photos carried the faces of Lauren and Mrs. Susan Coker. Seeing how Lauren’s expression was so cheerful alongside Victor’s mum, sparked anger in him that he shoved some stack of papers on the table to the floor and then picked up his phone to call her.

“Hello?” Lauren answered.

“Get in here now!” He barked ending the call, tossing the phone on the table.

Hearing his displeased voice over the phone, Lauren muttered, “what have I done this time?” a heavy sigh escaping her lips as she got up from her seat and began walking towards his door and knocked before entering the office.

“Yes sir…?”

Seeing the papers on the floor, she bent down, picking them up putting them back on the table. While she did this, Damien paid no attention to her.

As soon as she finished arranging the papers she focused her gaze on him, “Uh… sir, I’m here.” She called out as he raised his gaze at her giving her a murderous stare.

She had gotten used to this kind of treatment from him to the point that nothing he did surprised her anymore. 

“You…” He began with a cold tone.

“…Me? Did I do something wrong?” She inquired innocently causing him to chuckle in amusement at her question.

“You think you’re all that, huh?” She looked puzzled.

“What are you trying to pull?”

“I-I don’t understand what you’re talking about, sir.”

“Of course, you don’t…” he snorted in derision. “What will a worthless person like you understand what I’m talking about when you go around causing trouble and doing all sorts of things?”

The name “worthless” hit home. Being called that made her chest hurt.

“Well, guess what? Today, I’m going to set you straight. You are going to stand here until I finish whatever it is I’m doing, you got that?” he stated and returned his gaze to the folder on the desk in front of him.

“Yes sir.”

Seconds turned to minutes… then an hour later, Lauren stood, wondering why he was doing this to her.

‘What is the matter with him?’ She pondered to herself. ‘It’s already an hour and he hasn’t said anything yet. My feet are starting to hurt. If I’d known something like this would happen, I wouldn’t have worn heels today. Oh, I know what to do…’

“Sir…?” Lauren called out slowly to him but is ignored.

“Sir…? Excuse me, sir.” She waved her hand a bit in order to gain his attention instead, Damien glared at her sending a chill down her spine as she quiets down immediately.

Four hours later…

Losing stamina and feeling completely exhausted, Lauren felt throbbing pains accumulating under her feet as she slowly massaged her thighs by the sides while Damien stole glances of her doing so.

She struggled, thinking why he was doing this to her. Why her? What sin had she committed that he couldn’t yell at her and just let it go? Her feet were seriously killing her that she didn’t think she could last another minute longer. Just then, there was a knock at the door.