Chapter Twenty Six

Damien was in awe watching Victor wrap his arms around Lauren's shoulder pulling her into a hug.

"Why that little… why is he hugging her?" His brows narrowed to crinkled slits as he moved to open the door.

"Sir, I don't think this is a good idea."

George cautioned, stopping him from opening the door. He slowly released the handle gnashing his teeth and watched as they entered the building.

He turned to George with a displeased look and said,

"Go and see what they are up to."

"What?"

"Go on." He shooed at him.

"But, sir… what do you want me to do?" George asked as he had no idea why he was telling him to do that.

"Uh…" Damien reached into his pocket and brought out some money passing it to him.

"Take this. Go and buy something. Go on, get in there and see what they are up to." he ordered in a clear voice

"But sir, that is invasion of privacy." George stated feeling uncomfortable with his order.

Damien glared at him and asked darkly. "Do you dare defy my order?" 

"Y-Yes… I mean no sir." George stuttered and hurriedly opened the door, climbing out of the car making his way into the building.

Meanwhile… inside the restaurant;

Lauren approached Victor's table holding two cups of cold beverage.

"Here is your cold beverage." She said and placing a cup before him and then dropped her cup before her, before taking her seat.

"Thanks."

Victor smiled taking his drink and they had a toast and took a sip.

"So, how have you been?"

"I've been good. How about you?"

"I've been okay. Though, it's hasn't been the same without you."

George retrieves his order and finds a place to hide watching them from a distance.

"This place is really nice."

"Thank you."

"How did you manage this?"

"When I left this place, I got a job as a maid at a mansion in K city. The owner was a very kind and generous man. He gave me this as a gift for all the time I took care of him. He said he didn't want me to spend the rest of my life working as a maid."

"That's nice of him. But you know I would have done the same for you or even better."

"You're teasing me again."

"Am I?"

Victor smiled wryly scratching his nose as his gaze happened to shift to the other end of the room and spots George hiding behind a large pillar close to the counter, away from the customers.

"Well what do you know; I think we're being watched." Victor revealed.

"What? Where…?" Lauren asked darting her eyes all over the room.

"Come on out, George." Victor called out to him and Lauren turned towards where he was looking at and was stunned to see George leaving the pillar, walking up to them with an embarrassed look.

'He hasn't changed at all.'

Lauren wondered, seemingly surprised seeing him walk up to them when she called out.