Chapter Eighteen

When the elevator doors opened at their designated floor, Damien stormed out pulling Lauren behind him. She felt a wave of anxiousness as he pulled her towards their suite. When he opened the door and entered, he pulled her inside, closing the door, backing her up against it with his body leaning dangerously closer to hers.

At this point, Lauren was completely overwhelmed in fear at Damien’s behavior. She realized it was better to not provoke him, as reality came crashing down on her with the idea that he may want to take advantage of her. Staring down at her, Damien could see the look of fear in her eyes and as if reading her mind; he released her hand and then reached out slowly hugging her in a bid to calm her down.

A soft gasp escaped Lauren’s lips, when he whispered in her ear. “Don’t worry; I won’t hurt you.”

She heard the door lock click and that was when he separated from her.

He still had that creepy smile on him as he once again reached for her hand, but this time holding her gently, he led her to the living room and sat her down.

“I’ll be right back.” He said and walked into the kitchen.

A sigh of relief escaped Lauren’s lips at what she thought was calm when all of a sudden; she clasped both hands over her mouth, seeing what Damien had in his hands as he approached her.

Lauren had both hands clasped over her mouth, to stifle a gasp from escaping her lips, when she saw Damien approach her with a small white round bottle and an unopened bottle of champagne in one hand and an empty wine glass in the other.

Her eyes followed him looking as he sat on the floor, pulling a stool between them placing both bottles and wine glass on it.

She couldn’t see the words written on the body of the bottle but, the side of the bottle facing her, had the drawings of a skeleton head and two bones crossed like the letter X. She knew that a symbol like that indicated that the substance in the bottle was dangerous.

“Sir…” She called out as Damien popped open the bottle of champagne then glanced at her.

“What I’m about to do is really going to shock you.” He poured the drink half way into the glass and then opened the bottle containing the substance adding to it a small quantity, mixing them together.

‘Don’t tell me he’s going to drink this’ She thought.

“What are you doing!?”

“Why do you care?” With her hands still covering her mouth, she watched in horror; at him taking the drink to his mouth, chugging it down all at once.

With Lauren’s eyes were popping out, she exclaimed, “Oh my God, are you trying to get yourself killed!?” His lip curled up into a grin.

“You’re smart enough to notice it. You said you don’t love me but, I love you… very much.” A stream of tear rolled down her cheek.

“This…” He paused; pouring another measure into the glass and picked it up mixing it, while he raised his gaze to meets hers and continued, “…is the only way, to prove how much I love you; so much that, I’m willing to die for you.”

Lauren watched helplessly, as he gulped down the second glass.

Honestly, it would have been a relief to rid herself of a person like him. But for some reason, seeing him like this was a troubling sight. Seeing him congest poison for her, she couldn’t help but feel sad. When he made an attempt to prepare the third glass, Lauren felt her body subconsciously move on its own as she rushed up to him wrapping her arms around his shoulder, hot tears of pure emotion streaming down her cheek.