Chapter Twenty Eight

With a surprised look on her face, Lauren stared at Damien as he stared back at the both of them. She wasn't expecting to see him in a place like this at such time. 

Seriously, it's been two years already so, why is he still hung up on her?

As their eyes met, she could see the look of rage in his eyes. Now that look wasn't meant for her, it was meant for his half-brother, Victor. The reason was that he knew about her return but chose not to let her know. He couldn't sit back and watch his brother get close to the woman he's loved and lost for two years.

After a moment of silence between them, Lauren turned to victor revealing a grim expression.

Damien let out a scoff before taking a seat beside her. "I thought you said you don't remember me but, you remember him."

"What are you doing?" She asked coldly.

Not answering her, he shifted his gaze towards Victor.

"And you, brother." He mentioned the word 'brother' in a serious voice.

"Is this how you are going to treat me now? You knew I've been searching for her yet you couldn't even bother to let me know. Do you hate me this much? How much more pain do I have to suffer? How much more of this torture do you want me to take?"

He boomed, slamming his hand on the table drawing attention of other customers in the bar causing them to look at them.

"Hey, stop it!" She warned and turned to Victor.

"Let's go." 

When they both stood up from their seats, Damien followed in suit grabbing Lauren's wrist to stop her from leaving.

"Let go."

"I'm not letting you go until you acknowledged me."

"Let me go this instant." Lauren demanded.

She tried to break free from his grip and that's when Victor, seeing how Damien was acting towards Lauren as the loudness in his voice had started to attract the crowd's attention, placed his hand on Damien's trying to break them up.

"Don't cause a scene and let her go." He said.

"A scene…?"

Damien scoffed and the next instant he released her wrist and suddenly threw a punch at Victor. Lauren's hand covered her mouth to stifle the loud gasp that escaped her lips as her eyes widened.

Victor stood straight touching his chin. Seeing a little blood seeping out at the corner of his lips and he also retaliated by throwing a punch back at Damien and so they began exchanging punches towards one another.

The sound of glass ware and bottles shattering into pieces alongside, punches rang out inside the bar.

The bar tender, who saw them fight, came over to separate them from each other.
"Stop it! Both of you stop it!"

Lauren barked managing to get in between the brothers separating them. After breaking them up, she checked on Victor to see if he was okay while the bartender held onto Damien.

"Damien, are you alright?" The bartender who was checking on Damien asked as he saw the bruises on his right cheek, lower lip and at the corner of his mouth.

After making sure Victor was fine, Lauren suddenly turned to Damien, giving him a slap on the face. Her hand connected to bruised part of his cheek.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

She snapped at him with a look of resentment. He touched his cheek then brought his gaze back to Lauren with a smile forming on his busted lips.

"Good… you remembered. Listen…"

"No you listen!" She cuts him off, the expression on her face screaming anger at him.