Chapter Twenty Seven

Vivian whose expression revealed shock and disbelief brought her gaze back to meet Lauren's.

"How dare you…?"

"You're the one to talk."

When Vivian roared with her eyes popping out, Lauren cut her off with a hiss grabbing Vivian by the collar of her shirt throwing yet another slap across her cheek.

"This is for looking down on me."

She threw her yet another one.

"This is for slapping me."

And another;

"This is for kidnapping me."

"Kidnap…!" Patience exclaimed inwardly, her expression now revealing a bewildered look on her face.

She watched as Lauren finally threw two more slaps across both sides of Vivian's face and added,

"And this… is because I feel like it. You thought I wouldn't find out about the kidnapping?"

"I had nothing do with it." Vivian refuted feeling her face sting from the slaps she'd received moments ago.

"Are you still not going to admit to your crime even though I have evidence that can put you away for life?"

They heard police sirens blaring distinctively, across the road as it drove towards Vivian's residence stopping outside the gate. Armed police men troop out of the vehicle storming into the compound as they surrounded both women. 

A look of relief came on Vivian's face when she thought the police were here to save her and so, she crawled over to the man in charge.

"Officer thank goodness you're here. Arrest this woman. She came here to kill me." She reported. The officer in charge ignored her, turning to Lauren.

"Ma'am, are you the one who called?" He asked.

"Yes, it's me. I want you to listen to this." Lauren took out her phone from her purse and played the video recording from a while ago.

"You imbeciles!"

What did we do?" 

"Wrong question, dumbass! What you two idiots should be doing is asking your selves how she managed to escape."

"She knows already that her target escaped?"

"You bet I know already. How could you let that bitch, Lauren escape?"

"My partner went to give her something to eat and she pulled a fast one on him."

"Why would you do that? I didn't pay you to feed her after taking her hostage.  Why are you two so dumb? You should have shot her when you chased her."

Vivian broke down in cold sweat as she fell on her knees listening to her voice over the phone. She wondered where Lauren was able to get the recording from.

Whenever she conversed with the kidnappers, she always made sure to delete her call log. She'd never had any recordings of their conversation so, just how on earth was she able to get it?

After thinking about it,  she remembered that after she'd shot the both of the kidnappers that day, she fled the scene as quickly as she could and that's when recognition dawned on her face that the recording could have been gotten from the kidnapper's phone.

She cursed at her stupidity, for leaving the crime scene without disposing of anything that could have implicated her. And so, she had her head bowed in shame.