Chapter Thirteen

Damien and victor are seated inside the CEO’s office, with Damien looking at victor as he loosened the chocolate wrappers, squeezing them to make sounds that got him annoyed. He was like a volcano that would erupt at any moment.

“Stop that!” Damien barked with a frowned look.

Clearly, Victor could tell that he was irritated. He thought to stop but instead chose to have fun with it.

Damien however, was losing his cool by the minute. The crunched noises made by the chocolate wrappers were so loud, that he really wanted to get up and kick his brother out of the office.

“Stop squeezing them. It’s too noisy.” He scowled at him.

When they were young, Victor loved messing with his big brother and would end up getting reprimanded by his step mother. This would always leave him sad at not being able to play with his older brother. She always did whatever she could to keep them apart from one another till they went to different universities to study. So having such a rare opportunity like this, he didn’t want to pass up on it.

Thinking he was done, he began to speak again, “What’s the reason you…” when his words were once again interrupted by Victor who squeezed the chocolate wrappers molding them into the shape of a ball in his hand before raising his gaze to see a frustrated Damien giving him an irritated stare. He tossed them into the trash can and then turned to him with a toothy smile.

“Sorry. Carry on.” Damien cleared his throat.

“What do you want?”

“The stake holders meeting you called for will happen on Thursday next week.”

“Is that all?”

“Yes.”

“You could have told me over the phone. Why’d you waste your time coming here?

“I don’t know. I guess I missed you and wanted to see you.”

“Don’t patronize me, Damien snorted. “Didn’t you have an argument with me a few days ago?”

“Yes I did. But that was because you were being a jerk and I needed to let you know. Victor replied casually with a calm expression. 

“…” Damien was silent. Not because he didn’t want to answer back at him but he just didn’t want anything to do with him at all.

His eyes followed Victor who got up turning to leave. 

“Did you have fun on your date?” Victor stopped and turned to Damien lifting an eyebrow.

“How did you know I went on a date? Were you spying on me?”

“Let me give you a piece of advice; one shouldn’t stick his head where it doesn’t belong.”

Victor smirked, “Are you jealous?”

“Jealous? Why should I be? I’m just sending you a message.”

“Which is…?”

“Since you’re smart, I’m sure you’ll figure it out.” Victor scoffed and turned exiting the CEO’s office.

Several hours later, Damien walked out of his office and into the secretary’s office and the jar of sweets on Lauren’s table entered his line of vision. He casually walked to the table, opening the jar, taking out a sweet. After unwrapping it, he put it in his mouth.

The moment he sank his teeth into it, there was a burst of chocolaty goodness which spread throughout his mouth. The outer part of the chocolate was chewy and the flavors were amazing. He suddenly recalled Victor’s words to him earlier that afternoon.