14

"Why the bitch face, Malfoy

"Why the bitch face, Malfoy...? Someone piss in your porridge?"

~ ~
[fallons pov]

To say you were seething would've been an understatement. You were beyond seething, you were beyond livid. You could've killed someone, and his name would've been James Sirius Potter.
You couldn't believe you were going to he partnered with James Potter in potions for the rest of the quarter, plus you had to tutor him.
Of all the people you could've been partnered with for potions, it had to be Potter. You almost would've rather been partnered with Fred and that was really saying something about your dislike for Potter.
Of course you were doing this as a favour of sorts for Baddock. You really liked the professor and wanted to help him out, and the only other person you thought he might have considered was Trey Parkinson.

And you knew there was no chance in hell that Trey would help Potter. Which left it to you.

But still, favour or not, you were furious. Seething, ready to kill someone. And it didn't take a genius to pick up on your anger. Even your fellow Slytherin's had moved out of the way as you stormed into the common room.

You spoke to no one, you gripped your bag and started storming to the stairs. You were caught in such a rage, you slammed right into a body, sending your bag flying.

"Malfoy are you okay?" You looked up and froze. The face of Damon Nott, he was one of the hottest boys in your year, and was the focus of your crushing. You two haven't talked much since your kiss, since you guys didn't exactly start going out. You just said you liked each other.

"Uh-huh Damon! Didn't see you there..." He helped you gather your things, handing them to you when you stood.

"You're okay right?" You nodded, biting your lip.

"Good. I gotta go. Seth called extra Quidditch practice for me and Miles see you later." You sighed as he passed, watching him go while you were in a daze.

After he had left the common room, you snapped out of your daydreaming, and focused back on getting up to your dorm room and ranting to your closest friends.

• • • •

"James Potter needs a tutor? Shocking." James placed a hand over his heart, shooting a hurt look toward Luke.

"I do have feelings, Bell." The troublemakers were sitting together in their dorm room, James regaling them all on both needing a tutor and having to pair up with Malfoy instead of Luke.

"You know I know her. She's very bright and really good at potions. Professor Baddock wouldn't have asked her to help you if he didn't think she could help you." Luke had his nose stuck in a book, his recent cuts and bruises from there last Qudditch match fading slightly

"That's not the point Luke-" James stood and pointed to Luke, his other hand gripping his bedpost.

"-the point is that I have classes all day and then I have lessons after class. And to add on to that i have quidditch practices. I don't get a break. And Malfoy.." James made a face. "...she didn't even blink twice when I playfully suggested she would fall in love with me."

"Finally someone with some sense." Fred piped up from his own bed. He was busy working on a new prank for some Slytherins , something that would no doubt piss Fallon, Blair & Bobbi off.

"That hurts, oh dear cousin of mine." James shook his head, his messy brown hair falling onto his face.

"It's probably good that she wants nothing to do with you. Then you can actually focus on passing potions. You do want to be an auror still, don't you?" James rolled his eyes and sat back down on his bed, fiddling with the cover of his potions book.

"You don't have to like it James, but you should at least put some effort into studying." He brushed off Luke's comment and laid back down on the bed, staring at the notches in his bedpost.

When he saw the marks, he smirked and sat up, his attention on something else entirely. "Or I could focus on my date."

• • • •

For one of the first times since you started school, you were dreading school. You didn't want to go and you didn't want to sit with Potter listening to him talking about all the girls he could, and did sleep with. Or about how he hated you or Anything about quidditch. Or the Gryffindor and Slytherin rivalry that was still in place. He would always state that Gryffindors were better when it was obviously not true.

By the time you had drug your lead feet towards potions class, James was sitting down near his friends, his back to you. Blair & Josephine shot you a sympathetic smile before walking over to there desired seats in front of where you sat..

You rolled your eyes and walked past him toward your favourite desk and set your things down on the wood top. You would wait 5 minutes for James to come sit with you on your own, and if he didn't, you supposed you would have to drag him by his ear.

You cast a single glance toward James, your eyes meeting momentarily before you looked back down at your potions book. He had 3 minutes and then you would drag him by his ear and you didn't-

"Why the bitch face, Malfoy? Someone piss in your porridge?" You grit your teeth and glared up at James, your hands gripping the edge of your desk.

"I thought about you Potter and almost got sick." Your comment made his lips twitch, though he never said anything. He pulled out his chair and sat down, casually throwing his arm around your shoulders.

"Aren't you just so excited to be partnered with me?" You shoved his arm off your shoulders and shot him a nasty glare.

"Don't touch me, Potter. Who knows where your hands have been?" James barked out a laugh and leaned in to you, his eyebrows wiggling.

"I can write you a list." You scoffed and inched away from him, looking at him out of the corner of your eye.

"You're a pig." You were thankful for the arrival of Professor Baddock. You wanted this class to be over with so you could be free of James Potter.

"I'm going to get you to fall in love with me, darling. Every girl does." You pursed your lips and 'accidentally' stepped on James' foot.

"If that happens, I must've gone dead or blind. Maybe both." You turned your attention away from Potter, sneering at the amused grin on his face.

"We will see"