30

"Jaime

"Jaime... Please give me an excuse."
~ ~

[fallons pov]

"Okay, how exactly am I going to delight Fallon?" James asked enthusiastically, bursting through the doors of their dorm. Luke followed behind, escorting Blair inside. Bobbie, Fred and Knox entered next, Fred panting from all those stairs, and Knox thinking of ways that might just work to make you happy.
Knox pushed James down on a chair. "For starters, think about what she likes and what she loves about you, so we could maybe bring out that part?"
"Everything, obviously." James scoffed, tossing his auburn hair.
"Come on, Potter, there must be something she likes even better than other things. She wouldn't like everything best." Blair said, sitting down on Luke's bed.
"No, I meant she loves every part of me." James winked at her, making her roll her eyes. Knox did the same, gesturing at him to talk more about you. "Well, she loves doodling on assignments, that's for sure. She has a sweet tooth, she loves chocolate frogs, sugar quills... My lips -"
"Okay, make that thirty chocolate frogs - This is gonna take long." Knox cut him off sitting down himself and rubbing his chin.
"Well, enough about you, what do you like about her?" Bobbie started, trying to help out. Fred smirked as James' expression turned dreamy, picturing you.
"She's certainly very witty about certain things." He began, trying to find the perfect words for you. "Her green eyes and her perfect smile fits together flawlessly, and her sarcastic comments that pop up from time to time makes me laugh."
"Do go on, Jaime." Luke said, getting excited to see his popular friend so dazed out.
"And she has the most adorable pout - I know she tries to pretend like she doesn't care, but she has this chill tone of voice when she gets jealous..." James stopped, his eyes drooping to his feet guiltily. "And I didn't listen to her when she clearly was. I'm an idiot."
Fred, who was too lost in thought, finally spoke up. "At least you're trying to fix up the small fight you had, if I were Fallon, I'd listen to what you have to say."
"That I will." A voice came from the door. Everyone turned to find you standing in the doorway, with you wand in your hand. It was obvious you had used some kind of charm to open the boys' dormitory. "Damon told me James would be here, but I didn't expect - Well, everyone."
"Damon Nott?" James asked, jerking his face towards you sharply. Everyone could tell he had a hint of jealousy written on his face.
"I thought you guys weren't talking anymore" he questioned, then soon realized he wasn't in the place to be mad with you talking to other people, so he coughed it off, standing up from his chair. "Darling, please talk to me. Hear me out at least, I want to excuse my recent -"
You stopped James by putting a hand up, making him stare at you worriedly. It was true he had been neglecting you, but he didn't want any of this to happen. He never wanted to hurt you, but now he knew that it all was just an excuse. He should've done better.
You sighed, looking down at your feet, thinking hard. It was so bloody hard too resist those sad dog eyes.
"I'll try to listen to you the second we're alone." You declared boldly, making everyone except James shift from their position. One by one, your friends started leaving the room, each of them either worried or completely dazed by your tone of voice.You only used that tone when you were being stern and serious.
By the time the door closed behind Knox, the last person to leave, who gave James a small nod, you had made your way to James' bed, sitting down. James followed and stood in front of you. He didn't want you to feel pressured, nor he didn't want to invade the space you needed on this small awkward tension.
"Jaime... Please give me an excuse." You said suddenly, setting him off. "Tell me you're not tired of me, or that you have someone else in mind, i knew this was a bad idea i mean i'm a malf-"
"Tired of you?" James inturrupted, kneeling in front of ou so he could look up at you and take your hands in his. You set aside your wand in your lap as he caressed your fingers, "Fallon, I could never get tired of you. You're an amazing witch, I can't think of anyone else other than you. I meant every word when I asked you to be my girlfriend in the Great hall, and when our parents found us - "
You let out a laugh, opposed to the tears rolling down your cheeks. "Love, Don't cry..." James started, before awkwardly patting your head. He pursed his lips and quickly pulled you into a hug. You didn't have the chance to say that you were crying because of the relief that rushed into you, because James started talking again.
"Look, I know I'm a bit of a..."
"Arse who gets his girlfriend worried?" You murmured, making his back rumble as he laughed softly.
"If you insist, love." He muttered. "I'm sorry for every little wound I gave you. I promise I'll fix this nasty habit. I'll talk to no other girls other than you, if that's what it takes to be with you."
"Hm. I kind of like that idea."
"You - You do?"
"I do. How about a week for you to make it up to me?" You grinned, making James mirror your face.
"Fine. A week of not talking to other girls." James said, lying down on the bed. You giggled when you felt a tug on your robe, making you lie down next to him.
"Maybe I should go talk to Damon, to pay all those times of being jealous."
"That's not going to happen, I'm not letting you go, Fallon."
James wrapped his arms around your torso, giving it a light squeeze. You buried your face in the crook of is neck as you started rambling, "Why is it so easy to forgive you, Potter?"
"I'm loveable, thats why!" James chuckled and held his breath for a second, waiting for you to throw a sarcastic remark. But this time, he heard you hesitate and didn't speak for another second, until you finally came up with an answer.
"You are, James."
You smiled sleepily as James pressed a kiss onto your forehead and the both of you started drifting off for a nap. "You're quite loveable too, love." You heard James mumble before he went into a snoring mess, and snuggled up to him closer.