CHAPTER 7 | THE DREAM

Brooke came out of her gran's room along with Ayden, Althea, Sylvia, Ruan, Reva and Ayden's parents.

"Will she be alright?"

"Yes, dear. Not to worry. It is very lucky indeed that she is such a strong witch, otherwise a witch of that age couldn't have been successful in living on after a possession from an entity of such power."

"And you know who that is?" Ruan questioned the parents and they shared a troubled look. A shade of fear flickered across their faces but they quickly morphed it with small sympathetic smiles.

"We will look into it, but right now, especially given the circumstances, you concentrate solely on your training. Ayden, I hope you along with your friends can catch Brooke up to speed for tomorrow. Then, she can join the regular classes from the next day."

"Sure, mum. We'll all stay together all day tomorrow to ensure she can learn as much as she can."

"Thanks, you guys." Brooke said, looking at each of them in turn and smiling. She didn't have any idea as to what she would do if she hadn't met these people at the academy. Brooke was well aware that it has only been a short while since she got here, but she had a feeling that she had a long way to go along with these people.

After saying their goodbyes and goodnights, all of them headed to their cottage. Ayden said that he had something to say to them and told everyone to gather back to the lounge room after changing into more comfortable attire. As Brooke headed inside her closet after a quick shower, she had no idea what it is all about, so she simply put on her favourite puppy pyjamas and headed downstairs. She found everybody starting to come and settle in.

"Cute pjs sis." Althea exclaimed and Brooke laughed before muttering a small thank you. She sat down in between Reva and Althea and looked at Ayden.

"What are we doing?"

"I thought it might be good to have a bonding night. Because the feast was going to be held tonight, none of us would have gone to sleep before like 2.00 in the morning. So, why not utilise that time and get to know each other? Well, get to know Brooke more and tell her about us? We are living together. Might as well." Everyone muttered an affirmative response and Brooke smiled.

"Trust Ayden to be the most thoughtful person in the world." Reva laughed and all of them agreed. Brooke had been seeing all day long just how thoughtful Ayden was being with her and everybody else around him and it really put him up on a high pedestal in her eyes.

Brooke simply listened to all of their stories and how they ended up here and at last, told them hers, which very much paled in comparison to what their story was. Brooke had always had a normal life and to be honest, she herself had found it quite boring. Part of the reason she followed the letter without hesitation was that she wanted to experience something new, something secret, and something that others did not know of. Something a little frightening but exhilarating as well.