CHAPTER 24 | THE TWIN SISTER

"Cordelia?" she opened her eyes and looked up. Cordelia was lying on the ground with her back to it and she was curled up in a ball. At first, Brooke thought she was in the position because she was weak but that was before she noticed a circle drawn around her with some white grainy substance.

"Brooke?"

"Yeah, it's me. Don't worry, I'm here now so I'll get you out of here."

"I'm sorry I got you in so much trouble."

"What? Stop. You don't have to apologize for anything, Cordelia. You are my twin, of course I would come for you."

At this, Cordelia started crying.

"But, we haven't even met before. Ever."

"Ehh. We did now, so it doesn't matter."

"But I cannot get out of this circle." she said, crying even more. Brooke frowned and at first, gave her time to get calm down and then asked her as to why she had said that.

"Watch." she said in between hiccups. She tugged a strand of her askew hair and pulled it out. She let it fall onto the white circle and in the next instant, there was a blast of lava, at least five feet in the air, in a perfect circle.

"We'll have to break the circle. Simple."

Brooke said and got up on her feet. She instructed Cordelia to stand up as well and to stand perfectly still, so as to make sure she didn't get hurt. Brooke took a deep breath and flexed her fingers. She tried to imagine the particles of white substance flying away and tried executing basic wind magic. It didn't work.

"Dammit!" she screamed and kicked at it, stupidly forgetting that it was going to blow up lava in the air. She realized it a moment too late and her leg came in contact with the lava. It burned with an intensity that Brooke had never experienced before and she fell onto the solid surface with a grunt. The pain on her leg from earlier intensified and she cursed under her breath.

"Cordelia try to execute magic. You know how to, right?"

"No. I have never done it." Brooke took in a deep, trembling breath and trying her best to ignore the pain, explained Cordelia how to do magic. It didn't work. Brooke realized why after a few moments.

"Of course it wouldn't work. I forgot that the powers have to be transferred from your soul to your body and all that."

"Now, what?" Cordelia said and Brooke sat up with a jolt. The tingly sensations in her gut returned. She felt as if her veins where filled with blood again. She flexed and fingers and the ground beneath then shook.

"Woah. What was that?" Cordelia said, peering around her to make sure there was nobody else there.

"Of course!" Brooke said out loud. "She was playing mind games with me. The pain from the burn broke it and my senses started working again." Brooke said and tried to stand up. There were serious blisters of her feet and so, she had to lean on one foot to make sure they didn't press onto the ground and hurt. She looked around and to her surprise, Cordelia was standing outside the circle.

"How did you get out?"

"When you kicked the substance, it broke the circle." She said and smiled a little. Brooke returned the gesture. Cordelia came forward and hugged her and even though Brooke was shocked at first, she hugged her back after a beat or two.

"Thank you for saving me, Brooke."

"Anytime, sis." She said and both of them laughed. But then, another thought troubled her mind. Morana. How had she gone completely quiet all of a sudden? How was she not taking action when Brooke was so close to taking Cordelia and escaping? It bothered her more than she wanted to admit, but she chose to ignore it, which was another mistake.

"Come on, let's get you out of here." Brooke said and lifted them both off the ground. The ride over the maze and out of the crack that had surprisingly reappeared again – which Brooke found shady but didn't act on it, simply because she didn't have the strength to do it all – was very smooth. Once out of there, she took up and used the last of her energy to lift both of them up, up and outside of the tunnel.

As soon as they touched ground outside of the tunnel, Brooke fell onto the ground on her stomach. It was over, she thought. They had done it. All she had to do was mind link Ayden and Sylvia to track them down and get them here again. She was too exhausted to pay heed to the fact that Cordelia was standing behind her. Before she could bask in the glory of her victory, a jolt of pain shot through her body.

Brooke at once realized due to some reason that this was the doing of Morana. She looked around but could spot nobody at all. She turned to Cordelia and looked at her.

"How is she doing this? Where is she?"

"Who?" Cordelia voiced with a seemingly innocent look on her face.

"Morana." Brooke croaked in pain and shock crossed her features when Cordelia's face split into an evil grin.

"Oh, her. To be honest, right in front of you."

A cackle of laughter was heard before the pain intensified a hundred folds. Every muscle and every cell of her body hurt, and she remembered screaming like hell before she passed out from the pain and slipped away from consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TWENTY-FOUR CHAPTERS, WRITTEN AND UPLOADED!! ONLY FIVE MORE TO GO, GEEZZZZZ.

ANYWAYS, DO TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THAT STAR IF YOU LIKED READING THE CHAPTER.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT DAY. STAY SAFE AND KEEP ON SMILING.

PEACE OUT!

~Tii <3