CHAPTER 27 | THE TRUTH REVEALED

"How is she doing this? Where is she?"

"Who?" Cordelia voiced with a seemingly innocent look on her face.

"Morana." Brooke croaked in pain and shock crossed her features when Amara's face split into an evil grin.

"Oh, her. To be honest, right in front of you."

A cackle of laughter was heard before the pain intensified a hundred folds. Every muscle and every cell of her body hurt, and she remembered screaming like hell before she passed out from the pain and slipped away from consciousness.

Brooke felt herself gain consciousness after who knows how long. She looked around, at first, not being able to figure out where she was. Then, light a thousand tons of weight falling upon her shoulders, it all came rushing back to her. She looked up to find Cordelia standing in front of her. When Cordelia or Morana, Brooke didn't know what to call her, saw her getting her bearings back, she knelt down on one knee and loomed over Brooke's still figure.

"Well, it's about damn time!"

"Cord – Cordelia, why – why are you d – d – doing this?"

"Oh, honey, she isn't doing anything. I am afraid she must be feeling quite miserable right now, what with me possessing her body and everything. It was quite a clever plan, wasn't it? I bet you didn't see it coming?"

"What the h – hell are you saying?" Brooke stuttered, still barely being able to sit up and still groaning in pain.

"Well, I knew you would have immediately taken out your weapons and start to attack me the minute you laid eyes on me; and to be honest, being trapped in a bloody volcano has quite kept me out of practise. So, I did the next best thing. I possessed dear Cordelia's body and as I am very much aware of the empathy link stupid Leo put on you girls, I think I will have some fun."

"Why are you doing this?" Brooke snarled at her enemy. She knew that she wasn't strong enough and needed time to replenish at least enough of it to think up of a better strategy than just chatting it up with her favourite nemesis.

"Oh, at least ask some good questions, Brooke, for the love of Satan!" she sighed and continued after that. "It is quite simple. If you want to defeat me, you're going to have to kill your dear twin sister; and seeing that you already have an empathy link with her –"

"– I would die from the attempt as well." Brooke finished for her. It all made sense now. She couldn't believe that she was stupid enough to fall for that.

"Yes. On the other hand, Cordelia's body will still be with me. I will go back to SAMS pretending to be you – I already know everything that I want to know about you anyway – and I will bring down each and every magician. One. By. One. Well, at least you're not dumb enough to die without even understanding my plan. Well, it was nice chatting up with you, sister, but I believe it is time to get down to the killing." She said and stood up. Before Brooke could think up of anything to stall her, she straightened her back and tensed, and at the next second, again resumed her earlier position. Morana passed her an evil sneer before completely morphing her face into a whole other expression – one of concern and worry and fear.