CHAPTER 16 | THE SHIP

"I don't know. It could be dangerous and we don't know what kind of people are aboard. I mean they could be pirates of something."

"No, definitely not pirate. Otherwise there would be those gross skull and bone signs highlighted movies."

"Those are in movies, Syl. There is no way of knowing if it is true or not."

"Okay, so what do we do?" Both Brooke and Sylvia spoke at the same time.

"First, we put a tranquillity spell on that life boat over there and lower it into the water and let it hover there. We sneak on board and check the surroundings. We walk only through mind link and once we make sure it is safe, we remain on board. We have no other choice right now."

All of them agreed to this plan and after getting the life boat they separated and entered the boat through three different places. Sylvia settled on going in from the basement of the boat, to see how many staff members were present and such, Ayden took the front deck of the ship while Brooke took the hull.

All three of them boarded the ship and mind-linked an 'on-board' message to the others. Sylvia treaded lightly to make sure that her feet didn't make too much noise against the wood and took upon herself to check if anybody was there in a room labelled 'Staff'. She had her magician's staff in one hand that she had turned into a long rod and she refrained from touching anything by making the wind bend to her will and do the work for work every time.

But, when she discovered that the staff room was empty, she walked up to the captain's cabin with much less caution and found it empty as well. She mind linked an 'empty' message to Brooke and Ayden and just as she walked up the stairs to the wheel house on the top deck, she felt an odd chill run down her spine. She looked around but found nothing other than her shadow from the afternoon sun behind her to alert her. She didn't even find anybody in the Captain's bedroom. How was it that the ship was floating about in the middle of the North Pacific without a single staff member?

Ayden walks across the front deck to find himself alone. From the size of the ship, he initially thought that it would be some sort of cruise ship or something but there was pin-drop silence spread across the boat except for the sound of his feet hitting the wood and the waves hitting the bottom of the ship. He closed his eyes and cast a discovery spell that his dad had once taught him. It helped discover if there were any demons aboard the ship and Ayden sensed nothing at all. It was a safe ship.

Brooke walked around with the magician's staff in her hand and checked the rooms on the first floor. The weird thing was that there were about 20 rooms just on the first floor and she couldn't spot one single occupant. What was even weirder was that in some of the rooms, there were even suit-cases and clothes and ointments and such were placed on the tables and beds in some of the beds. She wondered if there was some sort of program going on and all of them were on-deck but she was doubtful because there was absolute and complete silence. She walked up the stairs and appeared in front of Ayden and Sylvia.