CHAPTER 19 | THE POST-BATTLE CONVERSATIONS

Sylvia noticed both Brooke and Ayden leaving the room. As much as she wanted to be with them, she knew she needed only Ruan to be with her right now. After a few minutes, Ruan pulled away and kissed her. He kissed her forehead, he kissed her eyes, he kissed her nose, he kissed her cheeks, he kissed her lips, he kissed her neck, he kissed her hands, and he kept kissing her until her soul knew just how much he loved her.

"I'm fine now, Ruan. Don't worry, it's all fine, we are fine."

"I know, I know. It is just that I had such a terrible time on the way. I couldn't put my mind to rest and I was scared beyond imagination. I kept thinking about what would happen if I didn't get there in time. It's not like I don't trust Ayden and Brooke – heck, Brooke is like a sister to us and Ayden was and is my best mate since we were kids – but in the vision, they weren't there at all. You were alone. Without anybody there to help you and the thought pretty much made me lose my shit."

"Babe, what vision?"

"Well, I'd better tell this with Ayd and Brooke here. Are you feeling okay? Should I call them or do you wanna rest for a while?"

"You can go after a few minutes." Sylvia said and smiled before curling herself back into a ball and wrapping herself in the arms of Ruan again.

"I missed you." She said.

"I missed you, too, baby. So much." He kissed her hair and held her closer than imaginable. This was what she loved. Him. Her home.

"And I swear to God, he went like five feet under immediately." Both Brooke and Ayden laughed as he re-told one of the childhood 'adventures' of him and Ruan – apparently they had been tight as hell since they were toddlers and they evidently still were. They continued sharing childhood stories but the laughter stopped when Ruan walked up the stairs and joined them on deck.

"How is she feeling?"

"She wants to meet you guys. She is still a little freaked but she won't tell why unless all of us are there." He said and sighed before running a hand through his hair – a sign that Brooke had known to be that of worry. She walked to him and wrapped him up in a hug.

"I am glad you are here with us, Ru."

"Me too, B, me too. Come on, let's exchange stories, we got a lot to talk about before we get to the USA." Brooke smiled and after patting him on the back, ran down the stairs to go meet her best-friend, as she looked back once to find the boys exchanging one of those typical-bro hugs that boys always used to do and the point to which Brooke never understood.

She walked into the room and find Sylvia looking out of the window and peering at the water. She turned when Brooke entered the room and sat down in front of her as Brooke did the same.

"How are you feeling?"

"Surprisingly good."

"Yeah, of course you do. Your hunk is here, you don't need us now." She said and imitated sadness while holding back her laughter and looked down at her hands, mocking hurt.

"Oh, c'mon, you know you are my favourite girl!" she laughed and held open her arms, into which Brooke gratefully moulded herself.

"I am glad you are okay." They pulled back the boys walked in and all four of them settled down after Ayden had hugged Sylvia.

"Ruan first."

"Okay, so last night, I got this vision. I saw Sylvia being pulled into one of your life boats and there was this shadowy figure overlooking the whole ordeal. Sylvia turned around trying to make somebody aware of the kidnap but nobody seemed to appear. Then, the whole thing disappeared. The vision turned black and came this raspy voice of a woman saying 'She will be mine for the killing, just like the other two'. I woke up with a jolt and immediately took off to get you after carrying with me just a few essentials. I took Ronald and flew away. I did a spell on him so that he would directly bring me wherever you were. And I did." He finished and shrugged.

"I'm glad you did." Sylvia said and kissed the back of his hand.

"Oh, c'mon, cut it off." Ayden said and gagged. Brooke laughed but then straightened up after a moment or two. She re-collected to the other two, what had happened with them and about how they exiled the shadow demon back to hell and also about how Morana had unleashed a bunch of other monsters from hell to get them and kill them. After everything, they turned to Sylvia.

"As you know, it was almost dawn when I took over and the surroundings were clear. So, I decided it probably wouldn't be too bad if I took a bathroom break. That was a mistake. When I got back up, there was Ruan – well, someone posing as Ruan, and it was damn accurate – kneeling down on his knees and the hybrid demons standing behind him. They said that if I decided to shout or warn you guys in any way, then they would killed the fake-Ruan. I couldn't process how they would have got hold of him because he was at SAMS and that was liked the safest place for our kind in the whole freaking universe, but the helplessness on his face couldn't let me think about anything else.

"As soon as I got close enough, the fake-Ruan turned into that man the two of you tackled in the end. I do not know how but I think he is a shape-shifting demon."

"Was. We killed him." Ayden said and Sylvia nodded with appreciation before continuing.

"They took me with them and on the island. As soon as we got there, they hit my head with something hard and I almost passed out. I pretended to be completely passed out in the hopes that I would be able to somehow take them at the right time, but there was something else. Something that weakened me beyond imagination. Then, they walked into the forest and its weird but I do not remember what happened there. There is just a huge gaping hole there and I cannot – for the love of god – remember what it was. But, then, my senses came back to me when you guys came and then, that was that. All I do know is that I have a very strong feeling that whatever is coming, is really much bigger than just what we are assuming it to be. I don't know why I feel that, but I just do." She said and frowned deeply. Brooke rubbed her hand across her arm.

"It's fine, don't stress yourself. Maybe it will come back to you with time." At that moment, the ship lurked. Brooke closed her eyes and opened them again after a few moments.

"We're there." She said and smiled, and all of them stood up to leave the ship, momentarily forgetting everything about the gaping hole in Sylvia's memory. If only she could remember that she had witnessed one of the most important details of their journey ahead – and a dangerous one at that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO EVERYONE! WHAT DO YOU THINK THE GAP IN SYLVIA'S MEMORY IS GONNA BE ALL ABOUT?

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THAT STAR IF YOU LIKED READING THE CHAPTER.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT DAY. STAY SAFE AND KEEP ON SMILING.

PEACE OUT!

~Tii <3