CHAPTER 18 | THE RETURN OF THE FUR-BUTTS

Brooke and Ayden managed to get all of their stuff in the ship together at one place, so that they would be able to locate it when needed and also to make sure that none of the duffel bags got lost. All of this, they did while coming up with a basic root plan as to how they could tackle the demons. According to the shadow demon, there were five of them, and even though they were torturing him for information, they had an inkling that there would definitely be more demons than that. After stepping foot on a solid plan, Brooke bent the water and Ayden bent the air to their will in order to make the ship move forward with an impossible amount of speed. As a result, what might have taken them three hours to cross, didn't take them more than ten minutes.

Amazing what one can do with such magical powers, Brooke thought to herself giddily.

After making sure that their ship was nicely anchored to the land, they jumped onto the island. This time, again, they took help of a concealing spell, but a different kind. Brooke performed the spell in a way that they would be visible to everybody but the demons. Even then, the other party would only be able to tell who was where by a faint outline of their bodies. As they walked around the island, at first, there was no sound of any movement what so ever and nobody was in sight.

Ayden walked around the island a little and so did Brooke. The island was beautiful, there was no doubt about it. There was beautiful golden sand gracing the ground beneath their feet which promptly turned into a delicate chrome. Now, if only they actually had time to admire it. They looked around at first but still found nothing. Then, Ayden spotted a couple of demons walking in from the right side ending of the forest in the distance. His hands immediately flew to his magician's staff as he mind-linked the message to Brooke about the incoming demons. From the corner of his eyes, he could see movement and he turned to look at her.

After a few moments, Sylvia was visible as well. They had tied her limbs together and gagged her mouth. Her hair was in a disarray and sticking out in every direction. Bits of her clothes were tattered and her skin underneath was seen bleeding. Her face was blotched with tears and sweat. When she spotted the two of them, she started crying once again. Brooke's heart clenched into a tight knot at the sight of her but was replaced by white, hot, maddening anger as she called for Ayden's attention.

With a few motions of her hand and a show of signs they had initially settled on before even leaving SAMS, she told him that he should be tackling the demons in the front by distracting them, while she took it upon herself to take down those holding Syl and untying her. Only if she knew how terribly her plan was going to go down, because they didn't notice one tiny detail. As the demons were human from waist up and their hind-quarters were concealed by pants – and it wasn't at all weird seeing that – they failed to notice that the one creature holding onto Sylvia a human and not a 'goat butt'.

"Well, well, well. The unseen magicians return."

"Well, well, well. The furry butts return." Brooke sneered back, although still invisible.