CHAPTER 8 | THE PICTURE

The morning after Brooke woke up went in a haze. She didn't realise when she finished taking a shower and when she started eating a cereal she didn't even like. There was only one thing going on in her mind: she had a twin sister. She did not know how to process this idea. To be stereotypical, life was turning topsy-turvy. One day, she was a normal, boring 17 year old and overnight – literally – she found out she was a witch and a few days later, BAM! She found out she also had an estranged twin sister, who was apparently in trouble and needed Brooke's help to get out of it. Her line of thought was broken as Ayden came up to her and sat down on the isle stool next to her.

"Good morning!"

"Morning." Brooke replied, still not paying much heed to it all.

"Listen, I have a confession to make." Brooke turned to him and looked in his eyes.

'Well, get in line buddy. I am all about revelations since the last 40 something hours' She thought to herself but replied differently. She figured the least she could do was confide in Ayden and get his opinion on stuff. Somehow Brooke trusted him to give the right answer.

"So, when you came down here, I thought I had seen you somewhere but I didn't know where. I kept thinking until after we discovered your powers. You remember when my dad called me up?" She nodded in confirmation. "So, he didn't have anything important to discuss but when I went up to their room, I saw this." He reached into his pocket and pulled out an old picture. There were about eight people in the frames. Two couples and three kids and one other man. Brooke looked at the faces and gasped. One of the two couple were holding two kids in their arms and she had seen their faces before.

"So, apparently, our parents were best friends. That is me in their arms." He pointed to the other couple. "And this –" he pointed at the baby in the hands of the familiar couple, her parents. "– this is you. But then the question is, who is the other child? I thought maybe it would have been Althea but my dad denied that. So, basically what I am trying to tell you is that –"

"– I have a twin sister." He nodded.

"I'm sorry but I didn't know how to tell you earlier. Your parents, their names are Cheryl and Leonardo."

"Cherry and Leo." Brooke said looking up at him. He nodded in confirmation yet again.

"Did your gran tell you that?"

"No." She said and accounted to him everything she saw in her dream. He visibly paled at the mention of it all. But he composed himself as Brooke broke into tears and chose to comfort her first and foremost.

"I know this is going to sound really stupid, because it looks very difficult right now. But the only sensible thing you can do here is train yourself. You need to learn how to harness your powers so that you can help your sister. We will inform about this to my dad. Seeing that your gran isn't well right now, dad is the acting dean and therefore, the head for all the other activities around here as well. So, I guess we'll go to them and get their opinion about all of this, but right now you need to train."

Something changed. Something shifted, deep inside Brooke and her face hardened along with her morale. She would have to train and master her skills and take control over her powers before she could even think about helping her sister. But she was going to do so. She was going to go the ends of the world to make sure her sister was safely returned to where she belonged – home. She was going to do it for her sister, but more importantly, for her parents. It was what they would have wanted her to do. It was what they would have expected her to do. She wiped her tears away. There was no room for weakness now.

"Yeah, you're right." As soon as she said that, the rest of her friends started coming to the lounge room. She noticed the time and it was just five minutes to 10.00. Punctual mates. Always a plus. She smiled at them before turning to Ayden. "Let's just keep this between us for now. Promise?" She said a little childishly.

"Promise." He said and held up his left-hand pinkie in the air. Brooke laughed a little at the irony but followed through the action nonetheless, before all of them headed out to the open field to practise some magic and spells.

It was show time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY EVERYBODY! SORRY FOR THE SLIGHTLY SHORT CHAPTER BUT I WANTED TO PUT IN BROOKE'S TRAINING ALL IN A SINGLE CHAPTER. 

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS NEW REVELATION? TURNS OUT AYDEN AND BROOKE KNEW EACH OTHER AS KIDS AS WELL. ;)

AS ALWAYS, TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS IN THE COMMENT SECTION AND BE SURE TO CLICK ON THAT STAR IF YOU LIKED THAT CHAPTER.

I HOPE EVERYBODY IS HAVING A GOOD DAY. STAY SAFE AND KEEP ON SMILING.

PEACE OUT!

~Tii <3