CHAPTER 10 | THE RED-HEADED CHARM

Brooke woke up from her 'nap' and saw that it was like 5.00 in the evening and she sits up with a jolt. She went to sleep at 1.30 and Ayden promised he would wake her up latest at 3.00. She let out a huff and after making sure she looked at least presentable, and not like she just rolled out of bed – which she did, but it wasn't like she wanted the world to know – before heading downstairs to find him sitting and watching a movie on the big tele.

"You promised Ayden!" He looked up and after a moment of confusion he chuckled sheepishly, turning red in the face.

"You looked too at peace while you were sleeping for me to wake you up. Be – Besides, the more you rest, the more energy you replenish." He tried to cover up. Brooke came to a stop behind the sofa while she mock-glared at him with her hands on her hips, and that was when she realized something else.

"Where is everybody?"

"They went to town a little while ago."

"Why?"

"For a movie."

"Why didn't you go?" He turned another deeper shade of red.

"I didn't want you to be alone when you got up?"

"You are like the most thoughtful guy in the universe." Brooke exclaimed as she jumped over the sofa and plopped down next to him. If possible, his face flushed even more.

"God, stop blushing." She said and laughed. He glared at her jokingly, trying to mask behind it his actual thoughts, before finally giving up by letting loose a chuckle and voicing his thoughts to her and bumping his shoulder to her.

"I thought you were supposed to be all shy and introvert-y." To which Brooke shrugged and smiled.

"I am like this with people who I feel comfortable around."

"And who else is included in this list?"

"Mom, dad and Carol."

"Who's Carol?"

"Step-sister."

"So, just family?"

"Yup!" She voiced, popping the 'p'. Brooke knew that Ayden was going to like that he was the only guy apart from dad that she was normal, crazy and basically herself around. It was most probably going to boost his male ego but since she was feeling generous and he was being so cute, she let him have his moment.

"So, can we go practise fire?"

"Sure, let's go." They walked up to their previous spot and stood in front of the very same square of stones that they had before.

"Okay, so, fire isn't too different from Wind. You simply close your eyes, imagine fire on your hand, and then concentrate on the image. Open your eyes and direct the fire to where you want it to go."